PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a toy box?

KrisM
01-10-2011, 10:25 AM
We have a toy box. It is one my dad made for DS1. Fortunately, I think, he ran out of time and didn't make one for the other kids :). Anyhow, I can't get rid of it. I just moved it into our playroom from DS2's room. I'm working on a plan to get his room ready for a twin bed sometime this spring, and the toy box isn't going to fit.

So, how to keep it from being a big black hole of a mess of toys? Do you have a toy box and what is in it?

RunnerDuck
01-10-2011, 10:46 AM
We actually have 3 toyboxes - I got a bunch of step 2 ones on Craigslist. I got them specifically for big stuff though - I know what you mean about black hole fears. One is for dress up clothes and then there are bins on the shelf on top for small things - bracelets, etc. One is for dolls, with bins for clothes, bottles, etc on the shelf. And one has no purpose but to hold my son's stuffed animal collection which he won't part with - we have been lucky about not getting so many for the girls. I hate stuffed animals...

Tondi G
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
our 2 toy boxes hold dress up and a large collection of swords and nerf blasters etc. They are at the foot of the bed.

Momit
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Dress up clothes, balls or stuffed animals, maybe?