PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions on my BJCM

artvandalay
01-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Ok peeps. I have two burning questions about my new(ish) City Mini.

1. When I pull to fold it, it occasionally does not completely fold flat. Why is this? I don't have anything in the basket, the only additional accessory on it is the SK thingie, so I don't think that is impeding the fold. Could it be the way the wheels are facing when I fold it? I really never paid attention to the wheels. It is cold here and I'm just trying to get it in my car as quick as possible.

2. This stroller lives in my trunk. I haven't figured out a good way to pick it up out of the trunk if this makes sense. I don't use the lock on it when I put it away. What part do you grab when picking it up from a trunk?

Thanks!

Smillow
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I have the BJCMicro, so YMMV slightly...

1. I think it is the wheels, mine does the same thing.
2. Depending upon how I have it in there, either the handle or the pull strap for folding. Sometimes I lock it. I have the child's tray & it has a standing fold then & I use the handle.

keeley146
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
When I put my BJCM in the truck I usually have a hold of the fold handle and I will push the wheels in toward the backseat so that the handle is what is facing toward the opening. That way the next time I have to grab the stroller I can just grab the fold handle again and it's pretty easy.

I've never had trouble with mine not folding flat so I can't help you on that one.

lhafer
01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
On the fold - mine does this too. It's the front wheel. Just give it a slight turn, or shake it a bit so it turns, and problem's fixed.

I have the belly bar on my mini. I put it in with the back wheels go in first (so they are closest to the back seat), and the front is towards the opening of the trunk. YOu can grab the handle easily that way. I just grab the belly bar and pull it out.

Kaylee31
01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Yep, it's because of the front wheel it won't fold flat. Mine does this too, if I don't turn the wheel out of the way. I used to have the belly bar on mine, now I have the tray and use that, so I always grab the stroller by the pull handle.

BabyBearsMom
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
If it doesn't fold right, you have to flip the wheel around.

I pull the stroller in and out of the trunk by the folding handle. I never lock it

poohbear
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
On the fold - mine does this too. It's the front wheel. Just give it a slight turn, or shake it a bit so it turns, and problem's fixed.

I have the belly bar on my mini. I put it in with the back wheels go in first (so they are closest to the back seat), and the front is towards the opening of the trunk. YOu can grab the handle easily that way. I just grab the belly bar and pull it out.
:yeahthat::yeahthat:

(i also generally use the belly bar, but...) If you don't have the belly bar, you can pull it out by the frame like where it says "quick fold" or whatever it says or anywhere on the side of the frame... I never lock the stroller, but I've found that if you just hold the frame, it generally will not open that much.

artvandalay
01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Great..thanks for the info guys!:waving4:

golightly1118
01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I never lock mine-I just lay it flat in the back of the SUV and pull it out by the frame. Also have to spin the wheel sometimes to get it to fold flat.