PDA

View Full Version : What's next after Vista?

LD92599
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I have a Vista that i LOVE! However as DS2 gets older, what should i look for next? I want something light, folds small and easy (a mac of some sort i guess or an uppa). I also have BJCM but the fold isn't that small! I'd keep the Vista for walks around the neighborhood, DS1's sporting events etc.

I occasionally have both my stroller and a wheelchair in my Ody but we're also thinking of trading the Ody in on a Highlander so the stroller would need to fit behind the 3rd row (with the wheelchair, remains to be seen if that's even doable).

poohbear
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
The mac doesn't necessarily fold smaller than the BJCM, it just folds differently. While the BJCM folds flat, the Mac folds long. I prefer the BJCM in my SUV because I just put stuff next to it and on top of it, or stand it up on it's side, but in DH's sedan, I prefer the Mac, because we shove it all the way in the back of the trunk.
Not sure if that helps you at all....

alirebco
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I had a Vista and then got a Mac Quest when DS was 9 months old. It was great for what we needed.

edurnemk
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I had a Vista and then got a Mac Quest when DS was 9 months old. It was great for what we needed.

I agree, great combo. The Macs have the best steering with a heavier toddler among the umbrellas, and once your child gets bigger you'll really appreciate that. I have a Chicco Liteway and while it has great features, it does not steer that well with my almost 3 yo DS on it (he's 33 lb), maybe I'm spoiled by the push of my Vista (I prefer to use the Vista as my car stroller because of this even though it's bulkier).

I'm very tempted by the BJCM and the Cybex Callisto (not the lightest Cybex but has full recline, bumper bar, single bar handle, though it folds umbrella style).

AnnieW625
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
A Mac Triumph is a great compliment to a Vista. My DD1 used the Vista from the time she was 30 months old (when I bought it) until she was just 4 yrs. old; and this was a 2007 model (the 2010 and newer models have more headroom) so honestly you have plenty of time left with your Vista, but if you do want a second stroller then the Maclaren is the way to go!