PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for older child

NewfieNat
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Hello,
I have not posted on this forum in ages! It's been years since I bought a new stroller. Anyway, I'm starting to think about what comes next for us. DD is 4. Now, I know you're probably thinking we don't need another stroller at this age, but she has juvenile arthritis in her ankles, knees, and hips. It's currently very well controlled by medications but could flare up at any time. We've been using the Triumph when she's tired or the wagon if it's slippery (she's also recovering from a shattered elbow) but I don't think these options will last much longer. She's just a tiny girl but starting to look too big for the Triumph. Anything similar but larger? TIA!

toystorymama
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
I have a TFK Buggster for my 4 year old and I love it. My son is very tall for his age (43 inches) and he still fits comfortably in the Buggster. I actually think the Buggster will be the last stroller we ever own because of the large seat - it is perfect for long days at Theme Parks so I will probably keep ours until my baby no longer needs a stroller at all. They retail for $350 but I bought ours on Swap for $200 and someone has one for sale now on Swap for $199 shipped I believe. Valco also made the Buggster so those are around too. Hope that helps!

ETA - Here is a link to the TFK on Amazon. There is a picture showing how small it folds and a video about it there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MKIX4W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0RYE00FGW84FP3CA8V78&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

The Buggster has a huge seat with recline and large basket, but still has a pretty small fold.

AidanRyanMom
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
If you think she could benefit from a stroller for a while longer, it might be worthwhile to look at a special needs stroller that would accommodate her for quite a while longer. I know Maclaren makes one, as does baby jogger. They are expensive, but maybe you could find one on CL? Good luck with your search.

sabbie3
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
take a look at the I'coo Pluto, that seat is so wide that an adult could sit in it and so tall my friend's 8 year old was sitting in it and she had lots of room still. Pushes fantastic and looks great too. I got it for my 3 year old since he was hitting the top of the Buggster we have and very happy with it.

purpelina
01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
maclaren techno. Biggest seat, most headroom I've seen, reclines flat and is comfy for sleeping etc, but stroller itself is not a huge beast, and you can find decent deals floating around.

nmstrong
01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I have never owned the buggster but am goi g to try it soon. Heard the seat was huge.
I had the icoo Pluto and loved it been my tall leggy 6 year old fit nicely. I totally regret selling it.....