PDA

View Full Version : Is it still worth it to buy an AT?

Momto1
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
DD is 20 months old. I'm currently wanting to get a BOB Revolution, and I'm tempted by the deals out there, but I'm wondering if I won't get my money's worth out of it. How old are kids when they "outgrow" the stroller stage? (Not by height/weight - DD is a peanut - but in terms of how long DD will want to be sitting in a stroller)

We spend our weekends out and about, at botanical gardens, the zoo, etc. DD went through a bit of a stroller strike for a while, but since getting a toy stroller for Christmas, is back to riding in it again ;)

WWYD? Is she too old for me to invest the money in another stroller? We have a Peg Si and Valco Latitude, both of which serve us well, but I'd like to have an AT/jogger for bumpy roads and jogging.

arivecchi
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
My 4 yo is still riding. My 23 mo will definitely be riding for some time!

crl
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
DS rode on long walks until he was 5 and I refused to push him anymore. He actually was more willing to ride at 3, 4, and 5 than he was at 2.

Catherine

poohbear
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I bought my Revo when DS was 18 months (sold my P&T sport and bought the BOB and I'm soooo glad I did - believe it or not, Arivecchi helped to convince me to do it - LOL) ... He loves going for long walks. In fact, he's more tolerant of long outdoor walks than he is of being in the stroller in stores, malls, etc...
I say go for it. Plus the resale on the BOB is awesome, so you shouldn't lose much...

strollerqueen
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Yep, do it! :wink2:

lhafer
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
My almost 5 year old still whines to ride in the stroller. I have a single, and the 10 month gets dibbs on it. She would love it if I had a double so they both could ride!!

Disney was the first time I ever had a double stroller for them. They loved it, and kept each other occupied! I was a BJCMD, and if my oldest was even a year younger, I would buy one. But she's starting kindergarden in the fall, so I really won't need one.

I would def. get a stroller in your case!

arivecchi
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
He actually was more willing to ride at 3, 4, and 5 than he was at 2. So true! DS1 loves to ride now and will ask to take a stroller when we go out. DS2 is still in the fussy stage when we put him in a stroller (unless it's Al - he loves Al).

Momto1
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Just what I needed to hear :thumbsup: Thanks all!!