PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to receive email marketing to be a part of Amazon Mom?

CharlotteMommy
01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I love Amazon Mom, but hate the daily email communications from Amazon. Is this a necessary part of the program, or can I turn it off? TIA!

sweet_pea
01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't get Amazon Mom e-mails too often – maybe once in two weeks or so. You might be getting the promotional e-mail from Amazon in general. I'd go to your account and see what subscriptions are on for you. I used to get a lot more Amazon e-mail until I turned off most of them in my account.

sewarsh
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't get Amazon Mom e-mails too often – maybe once in two weeks or so.

:yeahthat:

katydid1971
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't get any marekting email. I don't remember since it was a few months ago but I must have unchecked that box.

TwinFoxes
01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't get Amazon Mom e-mails too often – maybe once in two weeks or so. You might be getting the promotional e-mail from Amazon in general. I'd go to your account and see what subscriptions are on for you.

:yeahthat: In fact I was kind of bummed I didn't get an email about that Emu deal. ;)

CharlotteMommy
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Well, wouldn't you know that when I reviewed the email preferences section of my Amazon account that ALL the boxes were checked for getting email notifications? Prior to signing up for Amazon Mom, I never received emails from them, so I wonder if signing up is an automatic trigger for the boxes to be checked.

As an FYI, there was a note on the email preference page that says that you will still receive emails if you are enrolled in a program such as Amazon Mom:

"Note: even if you choose not to receive some marketing e-mails from us, you will still receive our transactional e-mail, such as messages related to your orders, listings, updates about products or services you have purchased from us, or information about your account. You will also continue to receive email about programs you are enrolled in, such as Amazon Mom or Amazon Student."

jk3
01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
I rarely receive marketing emails. Free Prime is well worth the spam!