PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with Amazon

billysmommy
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I ordered 2 new filters for my extra lenses for my camera. I placed the order Saturday night around 10:30 pm and chose the regular free shipping. It had a scheduled delivery date of Wednesday Jan 12th. Yesterday at 3:30pm, a van showed up and dropped off the package with my lenses. Less than 24 hours later and on a Sunday!!!

lilycat88
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Impressive. I think I've had that happen once too.
Now, I laugh because the diapers we order come from a warehouse less than 2 miles from our house and when tracking the package, it shows them going somewhere else before coming here.

Kaylee31
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes, I love Amazon and especially Prime! I think they have a warehouse a couple of hours away from me in PA, because I often get my orders delivered in 1 day instead of 2.

erosenst
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Now, I laugh because the diapers we order come from a warehouse less than 2 miles from our house and when tracking the package, it shows them going somewhere else before coming here.

If it makes you feel better, I work at that facility (and sometimes at the one up I-65 from there) and my stuff goes to Lexington first too ;).

I think they have a warehouse a couple of hours away from me in PA, There are several in the PA area now (although a couple are really in Delaware), and a very large new one just opened a few months ago.

crayonblue
01-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Very nice! I've had similar fast Amazon shipping experiences. Which leaves me scratching my head as to why my Dec. 31st order just shipped today!

Cam&Clay
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
DH has had books arrive way under 24 hours. It's amazing. We are so addicted to Prime.

oneplustwo
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I ordered 2 new filters for my extra lenses for my camera. I placed the order Saturday night around 10:30 pm and chose the regular free shipping. It had a scheduled delivery date of Wednesday Jan 12th. Yesterday at 3:30pm, a van showed up and dropped off the package with my lenses. Less than 24 hours later and on a Sunday!!!

WOW. I've seen offers for express local delivery several times for items I've looked at, including deliveries on a Sunday (phrased something like "want this on Sunday, xx/xx date with local express delivery? Click here"). I'm betting that's what happened.

Must say I've been loving Amazon and their CS recently.

Off-topic, which extra lenses do you have now? Inquiring minds want to know . . . :D

indigo99
01-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Amazon has me spoiled. I ordered a new monitor from Dell (30" WOOHOO!), and it's taking five whole days to get here! UGH! DH started asking me to check the tracking on day 2.
I always got my filters from The Filter Connection though. Great customer service. Wish I had a need for a filter though as that would mean that I had a new lens.

BabyMine
01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
I LOVE their CS. There was a problem with my Parenting subscription that I bought from them and I didn't get the 20% off coupon. They gave me a $15 credit and now everytime I buy diapers I keep getting 20% off without a coupon code.