PDA

View Full Version : poll: have you taken a break from the Baby Bargains Boards?

AnnieW625
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I registered in Jan., 2006, but didn't do the bulk of my posting until DD1 was 2/1/2. I lurked a lot between 2006 and 2008 and usually just visited as I needed a new baby gadget. I have been on here pretty much daily since the beginning of January 2009. I did take a 6 week or so break when I knew that the baby wasn't going to make it, and then wasn't here much until I found out I was pregnant with DD2. I remember Citymama outted me, and I outted her because our DD2s are so close in age.

egoldber
01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes. When we lost our second child, I stepped away until I was pregnant with younger DD. It was just too hard.

crl
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes. When ds got to be older and we didn't have another baby, I faded away. When dd's adoption became imminent, I came back to research strollers and carseats and got sucked in. ;)

Catherine

tabegle
01-10-2011, 01:48 PM
edited 2

wimama
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes, I was here often when I was pregnant and also while DS was a newborn. But, then I got sucked into the world of cloth diapers and a popular cloth diaper board. I found my back here when I got tired of the drama at the other site. You all here are much more sensible. :love-retry:

edurnemk
01-10-2011, 01:50 PM
An unintentional break (or breaks) just because I got busy with life in general. :)

:yeahthat:

Binkandabee
01-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes I have. Between my DD's. I am actually considering another break because I just don't seem to fit in here. It really gets stressful for me when it seems everyday there's a new post about someone worried about the chemicals, contents, leaching, plastic, preservative, radiation or what have you of everyday things.

elliput
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I said "other". Since I got into the swing of things, I don't think I have gone more than 24 hours without checking in. It's pathetic, really.

infocrazy
01-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't get on the computer that much over the weekend but I try and "catch up" on Monday...when I'm back in my office... :bag

MoJo
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I said more than 1 week, but those times were always due to life, not due to the board.

Usually, I'm on here at least every 24 hours . . . and nearly every time Ha nurses if no one else is using the computer.

Just this week I've been contemplating trying to find a different online community because my needs are growing beyond baby/kid stuff, and on some issues I want to get more input from more people with a similar viewpoint. But that's all about me, not anyone here.

BabyBearsMom
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
well, I haven't been along all that long to begin with (only a year or so), but nothing other than the weekends when I don't have time to check and my maternity leave with DD. I usually do my BBBing while I'm at work :bag

boolady
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
My "break" was when I least needed it-- when DD was a newborn. I answered more than one week but less than 6 months. There were a few months when DD was little that I just couldn't get on here-- she was colicky and refluxy and never stopped crying and I didn't really know what to do other than hold her all day and let her cluster feed, but it really wasn't doable/comfortable for me at our computer desk, so I just rarely to never seemed to get on here. I'm sure there wasn't a true break of several months, but I do know that there were a few months that I was barely posting, if at all. I'm so admiring of all of the posters who are able to post and note that they are NAK...I could never do it or DD would suddenly wake up or start crying.

Raidra
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I go through phases where I visit BBB daily and MDC not at all, then sometimes switch to the other way around. It just depends on what's going on in my life, where my focus is. Sometimes it ends up being a few months with very few visits to BBB, sometimes just a few weeks. I've been visiting BBB multiple times daily for a few months now, though.. since Niall was born at least.. I think. My memory is kind of shot. :) But I've never intentionally said, "I need a break from BBB" - it just sort of fades out.

DebbieJ
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a large age gap between my kids, so I kinda dropped off for a while until having DS2.

I voted 2+ years.

TwoBees
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Not yet, but there has been a lot of negativity on the boards lately that is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

JoyNChrist
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Once intentionally, after our fifth or sixth miscarriage. It was just too much to constantly be reading about baby stuff.

Twice unintentionally - the first time my laptop broke and it was a while before we could afford a replacement, and the second time over the summer, when we moved into our new house and had trouble getting Internet access set up (the joys of living in the middle of freakin' nowhere).

Each time I've been gone, I've missed y'all terribly. :)

maestramommy
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
I tend to take a break when I go on vacation. :tongue5:

Fairy
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, I took about six months after my mod stint. The bullying that was attempted by some people after the huge amount of work that I contributed to the board switch was just so high school, so i said, said, ya know, I'm good on my own, thanks. The support and kindness of the majority, however, brought me back. It was a good break, I did some great theatre during this time, and the return was perfectly timed, cuz otherwise I dunno WHAT i'd've done about the holiday hockey pucks.

lchang25000
01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I tend to take a break when I go on vacation. :tongue5:

:yeahthat: And I have a vacay coming up! :cheerleader1: