PDA

View Full Version : Stroller underdogs that you love

salsah
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
do you have and love a stroller that most stroller aficionados don't care for?

Multimama
01-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I have a Britax Blink. It isn't hated on the board, but it certainly doesn't come highly recommended. (SQ gave it 5 stars, but I've never heard her recommend it to anyone. :)) I really like it though. I just traveled with it and it was really great to have on the trip. It has a lot of features and a low price point, which makes it great for travel.

strollerqueen
01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I have a Britax Blink. It isn't hated on the board, but it certainly doesn't come highly recommended. (SQ gave it 5 stars, but I've never heard her recommend it to anyone. :)) I really like it though. I just traveled with it and it was really great to have on the trip. It has a lot of features and a low price point, which makes it great for travel.

OK, I will recommend it now! :thumbsup::D I can't really think of anything I don't like about it. In fact, it is pretty similar to the new B-Nimble that is just coming out. I think the only difference is fabrics. So there are great deals out there on this pretty awesome little umbrella! :cheerleader1::love-retry:

AshleyAnn
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Graco Mosaic - Gracos automatically get a bad rap as being oversized and ill performers but the mosaic is everything the others are not - small, fairly light, well made, umbrella fold, easy to use, and still a travel system.

I think the chicco capri ct0.6 is simply overlooked because its 'just' as umbrella stroller. I'm too short for Macs and really don't get what all the fuss is about so when it came time to get an umbrella I was looking at other options and found the Ct0.6. LOVE it. Its super light, has a recline, a basket, a carrying strap, and is taller than most without being too tall. Its like a supped up cheapo umbrella stroller.

We're suburb dwellers and only use our strollers for shopping so the fancy strollers suggested on the boards are sort of a waste here. The few I've seen IRL really stood out and looked out of place.

KDsMommy
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I :heartbeat: my Silver Cross Fizz. It's a great alternative to a Mac, and best of all, I got it for $70 shipped from Shnoop.

lhafer
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Baby Planet Endangered Species strollers. They fully recline so good for infants, have a very nice canopy with a peekaboo window, push nicely, have good padding, a decent sized basket, fold up umbrella style, are not tippy when you hang stuff on the handle bars, and you can ship it back to the company so they can recycle it when you are through with it!!! It's very comparable to the Maclaren Quest. Goes for ~$170.

AshleyAnn
01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Baby Planet Endangered Species strollers. They fully recline so good for infants, have a very nice canopy with a peekaboo window, push nicely, have good padding, a decent sized basket, fold up umbrella style, are not tippy when you hang stuff on the handle bars, and you can ship it back to the company so they can recycle it when you are through with it!!!

I wanted one of these but could not find any owner reviews when I was shopping! I found a double at a cosignment store and it seemed nice but my experience with doubles is nill so take that with a grain of salt.

infocrazy
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I LOVE my Combi Savvy. It folds up so well, is super light, still accepts our carseat, is on the third kid without signs of use really, looks great. I LOVE it. Yes, it is a little short for us (but we are both tall, I believe they've corrected that) and the storage leaves much to be desired, but if we are going to be out all day, I typically don't take this stroller anyway. I can see how it wouldn't be great for a heavy stroller user but it is PERFECT for the suburban WOHM in my opinion.

RunnerDuck
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
The 7 year old Graco Quattro from my son's infancy. It's a great stroller. People complain it's bulky but with that bulk comes sturdiness and lots of room to stick things so it's a great shopping or outing stroller. Used to only be around $100 but price has gone up... Lucky for me it is still going strong (I will use it now to lug stuff if we go to the museum or whatever) and will last through one more kid easily.

golightly1118
01-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Joovy Zoom 360. It's a great swivel-wheel all-terrain and can be locked for jogging. Goes over snow, rocks, grass like it's nothing (seriously-if it can handle a snowy Illinois trail, it gets a huge thumbs-up in my book). I test-drove a friend's Bob Revolution before I got this one, and I think it handles the same way, plus many reviews compare it to a Bob. It looks sleek, comes with the rain cover and tire pump, and you can easily find it online for about half the price of a Bob-sold!

MamaInMarch
01-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I have a Chicco Cortina and I have been pretty satisfied with it. It is light, easy to fold, holds a ton of crap and DS seems quite comfortable. I only have one complaint and that's the leg rest. It is either all the way up to make a bassinet or all the way down so now that DS is longer than the bassinet when he falls asleep his legs just hang there and I'd like it to have click in points at various angles, if that makes sense.

My other wish is that it had the ability to be parent facing for when they are small.

Otherwise, for less than $200 we have used it hard, it has served us well and is still in awesome shape. It would easily last another 2 kids.

mrshalco
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I had a couple of Zooper strollers with my first son and my favorite of them is the Zooper Sport! LOVED it! It was heavy but it had air tires, had a great recline and I could push it easily anywhere I went! It is still in the garage now. I can't bear to part with it but the tires don't hold air anymore :( Anyone ever use fix a flat in a stroller :D

crl
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I had a couple of Zooper strollers with my first son and my favorite of them is the Zooper Sport! LOVED it! It was heavy but it had air tires, had a great recline and I could push it easily anywhere I went! It is still in the garage now. I can't bear to part with it but the tires don't hold air anymore :( Anyone ever use fix a flat in a stroller :D

Take it to a bike shop. They should be able to patch or replace the inner tubes. (And mine does it for free, love those guys!)

Catherine

AidanRyanMom
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
:yeahthat: I had a flat on my Bob and took it in to a bike shop and they fixed it no prob.... I think it was pretty cheap too (under $20).

poohbear
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Okay, this is funny, because we have one of these at my parents' house - it was a hand me down and I think it saw a lot of use because one of the wheels is about to fall off. I always thought it was a great idea in theory - a compact stroller with air tires that has an umbrella fold, great canopy, good recline, leg rest, etc.
Unfortunately I don't love ours (but that's not necessarily the stroller's fault)... Maybe if we ditch it, I can send you the wheels... ;)

I didn't mind the Cortina when DS was young. Now I dislike it. All my current strollers are very popular. Just like me. :rotflmao:

pampers37
01-11-2011, 04:24 PM
All my current strollers are very popular. Just like me. :rotflmao:

this is the only reason i buy strollers, to be cool and popular too! :grouphug:

Claki
01-11-2011, 07:06 PM
We love our Quinny Buzz 4. Handles wonderfully and very comfortable for DS. The Dreami Cot was a lifesaver when he was tiny.

scriptkitten
01-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I LOVE the Quinny 3 wheel buzz. LOVE.

I would love to drive an iCandy Pear for a month.

i also love my P&T Vibe despite the fact that me and my nanny are the only ones in the world who like it.

doberbrat
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
my zooper boogie. yeah, its huge and heavy and has an awkward fold. BUT, its super sturdy, reverses, has great accessories and has held up quite well w/2 kids.

LMPC
01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
I :heartbeat: my Silver Cross Fizz. It's a great alternative to a Mac, and best of all, I got it for $70 shipped from Shnoop.

Exactly! I wish I had bought 2!

salsah
01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
I love my aria. when i bought it, 6 years ago, there was no better option. i needed a stroller that weighed less than 10 lbs, a flat recline for a newborn, and a single handle bar for a one hand push. i loved that stroller and it served it me well. the aria has a bad rep because i think that people expect it to be more than it is. it is not a full featured stroller, it is not an AT, is just a lightweight stroller. i also think that newer models aren't as good as older ones. i tried an OH model and thought that the steering (and overall quality) are better on my old MT model.

i love my venezia. sure it is plasticy and the steering isn't the best, but having a reversible with a built in step was priceless when i had my second.

srhs
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
my joovy ultralight is really really really useful for our needs.
and gets a whole lot more mileage than my BJCED.

strollerqueen
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
I love my aria. when i bought it, 6 years ago, there was no better option. i needed a stroller that weighed less than 10 lbs, a flat recline for a newborn, and a single handle bar for a one hand push. i loved that stroller and it served it me well. the aria has a bad rep because i think that people expect it to be more than it is. it is not a full featured stroller, it is not an AT, is just a lightweight stroller. i also think that newer models aren't as good as older ones. i tried an OH model and thought that the steering (and overall quality) are better on my old MT model.

i love my venezia. sure it is plasticy and the steering isn't the best, but having a reversible with a built in step was priceless when i had my second.

ITA! (Although the newer Arias were 14 pounds.) I miss mine! :thumbsup:

elektra
01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
my zooper boogie. yeah, its huge and heavy and has an awkward fold. BUT, its super sturdy, reverses, has great accessories and has held up quite well w/2 kids.

I really wanted to check out a zooper boogie when shopping for my very first stroller but could not find one to save my life! I always thought they seemed so great and it was the only reversible AT.

strollerqueen
01-12-2011, 02:17 AM
I really wanted to check out a zooper boogie when shopping for my very first stroller but could not find one to save my life! I always thought they seemed so great and it was the only reversible AT.

There were Teutonias, too, but they were hard to find. And that Safety First 2-way one. Britax just came out with a reversible 3-wheeler, the B-Scene. It is similar to the B-Ready, but actually smaller.