PDA

View Full Version : Updated 1st post with pics ~ Just ordered my birthday cake :)

billysmommy
01-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Update: Here's the cake. We ordered it from the Boardwalk Bakery. It was a vanilla cake with strawberry mousse filling, lime green fondant with silver Mickey stamps and pastel flowers. It was beautiful and SO yummy....tasted just like strawberry shortcake!!! We had it delivered to our room on our first full day there and we enjoyed having it for a snack or a late-night dessert throughout our trip
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc411/billysmommy/WDW%202011/IMG_0579.jpg
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc411/billysmommy/WDW%202011/IMG_0582.jpg

My birthday is 2 days before we leave so I'm choosing to wait to celebrate until we're there :) We were there at the same time in 2009 and I ordered my cake through the GF and had it delivered to our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It was beautiful and very yummy!!!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/DSC00189.jpg

This time I'm going to get this cake from the BW bakery and delivered to our room
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/cake3.jpg

but done in this color and with pastel flowers
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/loricaddoo/IMG_3393.jpg

crl
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Beautiful! Have a wonderful celebration!

Catherine

WatchingThemGrow
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Those make me smile :)

DietCokeLover
01-10-2011, 04:13 PM
How fun!!!

Corie
01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Love the cake, Lori!!

Have a great time in Disney!!

billysmommy
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM

Love the cake, Lori!!

Have a great time in Disney!!

Our first morning is breakfast at Crystal Palace again and the boys keep asking if we're going to meet you guys there again. I told them no and now they keep asking if I'm just telling them that so they will be surprised again :)

spunkybaby
01-15-2011, 04:02 AM
What lovely cakes! I have been drooling over the cake thread on the DIS boards. If you don't mind my asking, how much was the price quote for your cake? And who did you contact to request the cake? We'll be celebrating DD2's 5th birthday at WDW in December, and I'm wondering if I should try to get a pretty cake for her...

billysmommy
01-15-2011, 09:21 AM
What lovely cakes! I have been drooling over the cake thread on the DIS boards. If you don't mind my asking, how much was the price quote for your cake? And who did you contact to request the cake? We'll be celebrating DD2's 5th birthday at WDW in December, and I'm wondering if I should try to get a pretty cake for her...

This cake is $75 which includes gratuity and delivery to our room. I ordered it through Boardwalk private dining since that's where we're staying.

The first post on the cake thread has all the info you need to order, have fun :)

spunkybaby
01-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks! That's a great price--some of the prices quoted in that cake thread were a bit mind-boggling (especially given some of the results...)

Please post a picture of your cake after your trip--I'd love to see it. And happy early birthday!

liz
01-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I ordered a cake for DH's birthday when we went to WDW this past October. (Star Wars theme - I keep forgetting to post pix). Depending on your resort, they may or may not be able to deliver it to the room. We stayed at SSR, and I had to pick up the cake at the restaurant on site. It really wasn't a big deal, but having it delivered to the room is an extra bonus.

OP, what a beautiful cake! Happy Birthday!

spunkybaby
01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I ordered a cake for DH's birthday when we went to WDW this past October. (Star Wars theme - I keep forgetting to post pix). Depending on your resort, they may or may not be able to deliver it to the room. We stayed at SSR, and I had to pick up the cake at the restaurant on site. It really wasn't a big deal, but having it delivered to the room is an extra bonus.

How fun--I would love to see pics of the cake! If you don't mind my asking, which restaurant did you order it from and what was the price?

liz
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
How fun--I would love to see pics of the cake! If you don't mind my asking, which restaurant did you order it from and what was the price?

I will post in a s/o thread.

billysmommy- please post pictures of your cake after your trip!

spunkybaby
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
I will post in a s/o thread.

billysmommy- please post pictures of your cake after your trip!

Thanks for posting, Liz!

billysmommy
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
updated 1st post

spunkybaby
02-01-2011, 02:54 AM
What a lovely cake! So glad that it was yummy too. Thanks for sharing! :)

liz
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for posting. What a beautiful cake!

I am so glad to hear that your cake was delicious. The cake I had ordered on our last trip wasn't that yummy, but I still loved it.

bnme
02-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Your cake is beautiful. Were you in your room when it was delivered? Do they deliver to any resort? How far in advance did you order?

I think I may do this for our December trip (fingers-crossed, it's not official that we're going yet). DH will turn 40 during the time we are there. I want to plan some special things and this is a great idea.

billysmommy
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Your cake is beautiful. Were you in your room when it was delivered? Do they deliver to any resort? How far in advance did you order?

I think I may do this for our December trip (fingers-crossed, it's not official that we're going yet). DH will turn 40 during the time we are there. I want to plan some special things and this is a great idea.

We were not in the room when it was delivered. You can request a timeframe that they will deliver it in. I wanted it to be waiting when we came back for our afternoon break. I ordered it about 10 days before we left.

Some of the resorts have a bakery that does the fancy cakes on site (Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk), they will deliver it to your room. It's hit or miss whether they deliver to another resort. There is a delivery fee to deliver to another resort, I think it's $75. Another option is to have it delivered at a meal at a restaurant at one of those resorts (ie Chef Mickey, Cali Grill, The Wave for the Contemporary; 1900 Park Fare, Citrico's, Narcoosee's for the Grand Floridian, etc).

The disboards has a cake thread with all the info you need to order
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413710