PDA

View Full Version : Remind me how to keep the rest of us healthy

ourbabygirl
01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
when DD might have the flu? She threw up this morning but seems pretty o.k. right now (doesn't seem to have a fever & is acting mostly like normal, though no appetite)... She's 2, but I also have a 3 month old baby, and I don't want to get him sick, or for me or DH to get sick (esp. since he has to be gone tomorrow night through Friday for work).

Other than washing our hands a lot, is there anything I can do to prevent her sickness (if that's what it is) from being passed on to the rest of us?

Thanks! :)

daisymommy
01-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Vitamin C (250 mg. for kids, 500mg. for adults)
Vitamin D (1,000mg. for kids, up to 2,000 to 5,000 for adults)
Probiotics (our immune system's soldiers to fight off the bad bugs!)
Echinacea (anti-viral)
Sambucol--proven to be as effective as Tamiflu

crl
01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
I try to scrub the bathroom and change hand towels frequently.

Catherine

kdeunc
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I hope you all keep well. In general the flu is not marked by vomiting so hopefully she just has a quick bug. In my area there have been quite a few rough stomach viruses going around. DD had a 24 hour one and no one else got sick. We just kept out of her face and washed hands like crazy!

sewarsh
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
I honestly don't think there is a way to avoid the stomach bug from spreading once its in the house. I hate to say it, but I think 1/2 of your family will be throwing up before its over. (Usually dad's are spared...at least in my house!!! :)

ETA: Just noticed your other child is only 3 months old. They'll probably be ok since the kids don't play/touch a lot of the same things...

Fingers crossed for you. I'd be devestated to see my 3 month old throwing up!