PDA

View Full Version : Travel Crib

nefifer
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm looking for a travel crib to take along on airplanes for my 12 month old daughter. So far I am interested in the go crib and Phil and Teds Traveller. We already have the Peapod, which my 12 month old likes to play in, but not sleep in.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Jelly Bean
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I think it's a little pricier than the Phil and Ted but you should definitely check out the Baby Bjorn Light Travel Crib. It is AMAZING - one of my top 5 baby purchases ever. All of our friends with babies loved it so much that they bought it too. It weighs 11 pounds, fits in a little suitcase and super easy to travel with and either check or gate check.:love5:

♥ms.pacman♥
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I think it's a little pricier than the Phil and Ted but you should definitely check out the Baby Bjorn Light Travel Crib. It is AMAZING - one of my top 5 baby purchases ever. All of our friends with babies loved it so much that they bought it too. It weighs 11 pounds, fits in a little suitcase and super easy to travel with and either check or gate check.:love5:

:yeahthat:

i love my bjorn travel crib. we use it for travel and also when we go to someone's house and want a place for DS to nap. unlike the pnp it's super-fast to set up/take down, plus it's LIGHT and not awkward to carry.

it might say u need special sheets (sold by baby bjorn that are $$$) for the mattress pad thingy, but i just used regular fitted crib sheets, and they worked out fine.

todzwife
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I have to agree w/ the Baby Bjorn travel crib. Worth every penny for it's weight, and ease of use.

kaharris83
01-11-2011, 07:40 PM
We didn't like the Baby Bjorn Travel crib and took it right back. But we we fly everywhere and it was just too much to fly with. It would have had to be checked every time we flew, since the airlines charge to check bags it would have ended up being way too expensive. We got the GuavaFamily GoCrib and we love it!! It stores in a backpack and is very sturdy. I believe the sleeping area is the same size as the Baby Bjorn Travel crib. If you aren't flying the Bjorn is probably a good choice I would guess, but if you'll be flying check out the GoCrib.

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Where are you staying at your arrival? I haven't had any issues using cribs provided by hotels. And when visiting family someone has always been able to borrow a Pack N Play via their network of friends and family. Otherwise we have taken our Pack n Play but I admit it's really heavy and awkward.

Beth

LoveBeingMrs
01-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Where are you staying at your arrival? I haven't had any issues using cribs provided by hotels. And when visiting family someone has always been able to borrow a Pack N Play via their network of friends and family. Otherwise we have taken our Pack n Play but I admit it's really heavy and awkward.

Beth

Last time we used the crib provided by our hotel, our DS ended up with a bruise on his cheek from banging into the railing! Yikes!!! We use Wonder Bumpers on his crib at home, so he wasn't used to the hard metal railings! What do you do?

SnuggleBuggles
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Last time we used the crib provided by our hotel, our DS ended up with a bruise on his cheek from banging into the railing! Yikes!!! We use Wonder Bumpers on his crib at home, so he wasn't used to the hard metal railings! What do you do?

We didn't use bumper pads with ds1, used mesh ones with ds2 till he was 6mo so it wasn't something I really thought of/ worried about. 75% of the ones hotels have given us have actually been Pack n Plays. No issues with the regular cribs anywhere either.

Beth

nefifer
02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Just to follow up... we went with Phil and Teds Traveller. I am NOT happy with it and am returning it. It is cumbersome to assemble / disassemble and has very noisy (tent like) material. DD did not like to sleep in it at all, and we ended up using the hotel crib which was fine. I will say however that the Traveller was good for playing in and holding DDs toys in one place in the hotel room. I think we will try the Go Crib next. I have no problems with hotel cribs, but I would like a portable bed for when we travel by air to visit family and friends.

weech
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Just to follow up... we went with Phil and Teds Traveller. I am NOT happy with it and am returning it. It is cumbersome to assemble / disassemble and has very noisy (tent like) material. DD did not like to sleep in it at all, and we ended up using the hotel crib which was fine. I will say however that the Traveller was good for playing in and holding DDs toys in one place in the hotel room. I think we will try the Go Crib next. I have no problems with hotel cribs, but I would like a portable bed for when we travel by air to visit family and friends.

Let us know if you try the Go Crib. I'm curious to hear more reviews!

Armywife1stDr2nd
02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm also curious about the go crib. Let us know!

betsyab
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
We have a GoCrib and we LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Really easy to set up, baby likes it, and I like how light it is. We travel frequently and have been very pleased! We had a peapod, but she is a mover in her sleep and kept waking herself up when hitting the sides. The GoCrib saved us! It also fits the same size sheets as a Pack n Play, so easy to find.

kaharris83
02-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Another goCrib lover here as well. Used it at Thanksgiving and again last week for a week at Disney. DS loves it and sleeps great in it. DH loves how easy it is to set up and take down. Fits perfectly in the overhead bin on an airplane so you don't get charged for a bag. Since it's a backpack it isn't cumbersome to carry around the airport either.

Armywife1stDr2nd
02-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Does anyone have the dimensions of the go crib when it's closed?