PDA

View Full Version : DH got in a fender bender and insurance is replacing the seat

Binkandabee
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
DD is currently in a marathon that expires in December. She is 2.5, 30 pounds and I am not certain how tall...average for a 2 year old I suspect.

AAA says whenever a child is in the car and there is an accident, no matter how minor, they will replace the seat.

Any recommendations as to what to get? Another Marathon?

The seat will be going into a 2008 Nissan Quest. My older DD is in a Britax Frontier (older one when they first came out, not the newer one) and I HATE the install on that seat, so I'm not inclined to get another Frontier. If it's the safest and best, of course I would deal with the massive PITA install...but if there's something just as good, I'd like to go with that instead.

o_mom
01-10-2011, 04:53 PM
How about a good dedicted booster for your older DD and give the Frontier to the younger DD? Something like the Sunshine Kids Monterey or Britax Parkway SG/SGL would be nice boosters that would last your older one until she was ready for the seatbelt only.

Binkandabee
01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
I thought about that, but isn't the Frontier supposed to last DD#1 until she is ready for a seatbelt only?

WatchingThemGrow
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I thought the new Frontier 85 was a lot easier to install than the old one.

o_mom
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, it would last, but at 7.5 yrs, unless she is tiny, a dedicated booster wouldn't be bad. How much room does she have in the harness?

If you want to keep the Frontier for DD1, then there are plenty of options for DD2. Frontier, new Britaxes, Radian, etc. All would harness for a few more years. The Frontier would last the longest and the new Frontier is easier - maybe take a look at one and see if you would like it?