PDA

View Full Version : Fage Yogurt Total 0%

ChefGirl
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
For those of you who love Fage yougurt 0%, how do you eat it? I've been loving the 2% ones with blueberries and strawberries. I just stocked up since Kroger is having a 10 for $10 this week. I'm eating the 0% one right now....oh boy, it's just plain....do you add anything to it? I'm eating it b/c of the 0% fat. Maybe I should add some fruit tomorrow.

brittone2
01-10-2011, 05:40 PM
We embrace fat around here, so I usually go for the Total. I like that with some lemon extract and a few drops of vanilla stevia (liquid) sometimes. Very good that way w/ berries. I like it plain too but couldn't do the 0% in plain and enjoy it.

If jam isn't too sugary for you (depending on how you eat...) you could try just a touch of that. Or a touch of honey. We don't do a lot of sugar so I usually prefer to just use fruit in it.

mushka
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
I eat it with honey

elbenn
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I second the honey suggestion.

twowhat?
01-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I love to mix in a little spoonful of strawberry preserves. YUM.

eta: at Costco when they do the samples, they drizzle agave nectar over it. That was YUM too.

WatchingThemGrow
01-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I like Fage best when brittone2 turns it into tzatziki sauce and brings it to my house with roasted lamb and warm pita bread. :yay: That was the tastiest meal ever! Thanks, Beth! You're missed down south, lol!

Otherwise, I like it with frozen fruit, and some granola on top. Great bedtime snack. I don't usually get the 0%.

bluestarfish18
01-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Honey & blueberries. Sometimes throw in a little granola.

artvandalay
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I eat it with honey
:yeahthat: Sometimes I throw in slivered almonds. Yum. Love Fage.

LMPC
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I really tried to like the 0% but the 2% is better (I think there's not much difference in the calorie count) and the total is just the bomb! I like it with fresh fruit and honey.

DrSally
01-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I like Fage best when brittone2 turns it into tzatziki sauce and brings it to my house with roasted lamb and warm pita bread. :yay: That was the tastiest meal ever! Thanks, Beth! You're missed down south, lol!

Otherwise, I like it with frozen fruit, and some granola on top. Great bedtime snack. I don't usually get the 0%.

I'm salivating. That sounds so good. I'm glad to see that more stores are carrying greek yogurt. I like it full fat too; it's good fat.

ahrimie
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I really tried to like the 0% but the 2% is better (I think there's not much difference in the calorie count) and the total is just the bomb! I like it with fresh fruit and honey.

Me too. Just don't like the 0%. I buy the 2% regularly and on accident, bought the TOTAL--it was HEAVEN! I always do agave. For DD, she adds sprinkles from WF.

brittone2
01-11-2011, 02:27 PM

nak-
you are too sweet.. Miss you and NC :crying:

Beth24
01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I have mine with a quarter cup of Bear Naked peak protein granola before bed. Yum!

LMPC
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
brittone2 can we get that recipe, or is it a family secret?

brittone2
01-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Definitely not a family secret. I'm not sure my parents ever had tszaziki ;) (we aren't Greek and they aren't particularly adventurous eaters...). I must have just googled whatever at the time I was delivering the meal. I'm no help at all!

And WTG I don't think I brought you warm pita bread. I think I brought you costco pita bread still in the package :ROTFLMAO: You make it sound better than it was LOL!!!

LMPC
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Definitely not a family secret. I'm not sure my parents ever had tszaziki ;) (we aren't Greek). I must have just googled whatever at the time I was delivering the meal. I'm no help at all!

And WTG I don't think I brought you warm pita bread. I think I brought you costco pita bread still in the package :ROTFLMAO: You make it sound better than it was LOL!!!

That's so funny! :rotflmao: I love that WTG remembers it so positively...could be much worse! I'll google it!