PDA

View Full Version : Is this a warning sign of lice??

Twoboos
01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
One of DD2's classmates gets meds from the nurse each day.

Today the friend said an entire class was in the nurse's office.

Ummmm.... why would an entire class be in the nurse's office? The only thing I can think of is they were being checked for lice.

I already placed my order for the lice combs recommended here. Both DDs will have the repel spray in their hair tomorrow. Even though it's probably too late. UGH.

I know, I know, it could be anything. Or not.

RunnerDuck
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
How old was the class? I seem to remember in 3rd and 7th grades all going to the nurse for physicals.

Twoboos
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Either K or 1, only grades in the school.

pinkmomagain
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Could be vision/hearing testing. Did you ask what was done at the nurse's office?

rlu
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Could be vision/hearing testing.

This was my first thought as well.

mom2binsd
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Like others said it could be something completely routine, if your child was screened for head lice should would have told you "the nurse was tickling my head today at school" or something like that. Most kids get a kick out of the nit picking screening.

infocrazy
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Could be vision/hearing testing.

MY DS1 will have a K hearing test on Friday of this week.

Twoboos
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Ohhhh, vision/hearing test. I like this. :)

Wouldn't we be notified of that, though? I haven't heard anything about it.

JustMe
01-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Ohhhh, vision/hearing test. I like this. :)

Wouldn't we be notified of that, though? I haven't heard anything about it.

At least in our schools, we often get notices when they get the results from these screenings back...and even then, sometimes its only if there was a concern...so, in answer to your question. Maybe you would have been notified but not necessarily. There are lots of possibilities here!