PDA

View Full Version : Britax Parkway SGL issue

crayonblue
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
The Britax Parkway SGL is too tall and I can't see out the back window while driving! Is this normal? I have a Toyota Sienna so I'm not driving a small car. I'm seriously considering selling it even though I love how sturdy it is.

I tried putting the head part all the way down but it is too short for my daughter. Even all the way down I can't see well but a couple of notches up and I'm seriously impaired!

My daughter is 7, 50 lbs. and average height.

Do you guys have the same issue? Any suggestions?

Joolsplus2
01-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Kids just keep getting taller, I've had to learn to use my side mirrors a lot more, because I haven't seen most of the view out my back window in a decade. Having it in the center WAS too disturbing for me, though, I'll admit, and I have to put boosters in the window seats in the third row to feel safe seeing enough driving.
:)

bubbaray
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I have never had an issue and am using a Monterey (much bigger seat) in my RAV4, previously it was in my Odyssey. DH is using a Parkway in his Tacoma truck (which I drive on occasion) and no issue there either. I don't find a booster to be any different than having an adult in that seat.

I agree with Julie, use your mirrors more.

crayonblue
01-11-2011, 10:13 AM
ARgh, I do not use my mirrors ever. I am going to have to relearn to drive!

OK, thanks guys. I was hoping there was some easy solution...I think I will try moving the seat to the third row and see if that helps.

ilovetivo
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
would this be an issue in an Accord? We have a britax Boulevard now

Joolsplus2
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
It's really a problem with all seats or all tall people in all cars, unfortunately... if you've ever had an adult in your backseat, a booster is like a tall/wide adult, that's about how much rearview they block.