PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide...why the Enclave over the Acadia and vice versa?

sewarsh
01-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Title pretty much sums it up!
Thanks!

endlessheather
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Have you driven or looked at them both yet? I think that helps a ton in deciding. Also, have them price out both models with the options you want. Some of the standard options on an Enclave are optional on the Acadia so you might be surprised at how they compare once you load an Acadia with the same options. It really comes down to some personal preference too because some people like the GMC style of the Acadia and some have the old people stereotype of driving a Buick.

In the end, we went with the Enclave because I loved how quiet and smooth of a drive it was compared to the Acadia. I wasn't entirely sold on the interior but there was definitely a difference imo between the two of how they drive and the noise. We also didn't have a huge price difference when we bought ours between the two.

AnnieW625
01-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Neither car was out when we were buying our Pilot, but I think I would've gone with the Enclave because overall it is just nicer inside. Neither DH nor I ever thought we'd be Buick buyers, but when we sat in the Acadia, and the Enclave at the auto show we liked the Enclave better.

sewarsh
01-11-2011, 09:28 AM
The price isn't that much different, so that's not an issue.
I think they are both great and feel i would be happy in both.
Just like to hear what others say just to be sure i'm not missing anything!
thanks.

lhafer
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I haven't test driven them - but the Enclave is a bit "nicer". It's quieter when driving. And I would get the Enclave over the Acadia for one reason only - the blue dashboard lighting!! The Acadia has red dash board lighting where as the Enclave's is blue and soothing and wonderful to look at! :D