PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch 4G help - what are your fave help/forum sites?

supercalifragilous
01-11-2011, 04:45 AM
I am hitting a brick wall with the online searches to my problem.

I got a new the newest iPod Touch 4G. Long story short, I had to sync my iPod
Touch for the first time on my friend's computer because my OSX is too old to download the latest (and required) version of iTunes.

Now, on my iPod Touch, even though I'm signed into iTunes according to my settings (and the iTunes app), when I go to Update, it asks me for the password to my friend's account (implying that she is the one signed in) and will not give me an option to sign her out!!

So basically, everywhere on my iPod EXCEPT in Updates, I am signed in but I am helpless because I am unable to update any apps or download any new ones without my friend's password!!!

What is going on?

What are your favorite iPod help sites? The one at Apple was unhelpful and I think outdated - it just said to simply sign out and sign into my account in Settings and voila-that should take care of it. NOT! Did NOT happen!!

<sigh> So frustrated! I wanna play with my new toy!!!

JElaineB
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I am not iTunes expert, but I am wondering if you created/logged in to your own iTunes acccount on your friend's comptuer before you synched your iPod? It sounds like not, and so your new apps were downloaded/synched under your friend's account. Or if you did create/sign in to your own account at least some apps were downloaded/synched under your friend's account. I somehow have two accounts in iTunes and I have some old music purchased under one account and my new apps purchased under the other account, but I can see what was downloaded under each account. I don't know the correct solution for this, but maybe it is something you can look into. You'll probaby need access to your friend's computer again to check it out though.

ETA: There is a support forum on Apple's website that I found helpful when I somehow had registered an account to the same computer twice. It is at http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa.