PDA

View Full Version : You know your stroller addiction has gone too far when....

arivecchi
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
your family is playing a game saying phrases that other family members like to say and your 4 yo DS says "I want another stroller!" when imitating his mommy. :bag

Your turn!

TwoBees
01-11-2011, 12:30 PM
your family is playing a game saying phrases that other family members like to say and your 4 yo DS says "I want another stroller!" when imitating his mommy. :bag

Your turn!

oops!

I honestly don't have any simply because I don't have enough strollers! I have 3. Well 4 if you count the BRU freebie that came with something. The only reason that's still in the basement is for DD's dolls when she gets older.

DH on the other hand thinks I have 2 strollers too many. Although he has stated several times that we have found good use for all of them over the past year.

nmstrong
01-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Haha so hilarious! When you say you are going for a drive to see a friend and your 4 year old says "and to get a new stroller?"

kep
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Haha so hilarious! When you say you are going for a drive to see a friend and your 4 year old says "and to get a new stroller?"

Umm, my kids have said this too. :innocent: I recently added strollers #4 & 5 to our stash with the idea of selling off 2-3, but now I can't decide what to get rid of! And I am still wanting at least one more. (Insert paper bag over head smilie here.) Don't tell DH!!

edurnemk
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
When you're looking at strollers online and your DS walks by, looks at the screen, points and says "Mommy, I want that stroller!". And then 2 days later reminds you that you need to get the stroller he chose.

(This has also happened at stores, when he actually tries to climb on a stroller - sometimes another kid's stroller) :hysterical:

elektra
01-11-2011, 01:04 PM

Your turn!

LOL! That's classic.

goldenpig
01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
1. At one point you own seven strollers, including four doubles.
2. Pregnant SIL visits and examines your stroller stash and says she no longer needs to shop at a stroller store.
3. DD says, "Which stroller are we going to use today--the blue one, the orange one, the red one or the black one?"
4. You insist on bringing a stroller even though one always wants to walk and the other always wants to be in the Ergo, so you end up pushing an empty double stroller around a lot.
5. You know all the Baby Jogger alphabet soup abbreviations and whenever you hear the names Bob, Al, or Terry, you think of strollers.

pampers37
01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
1. At one point you own seven strollers, including four doubles.
2. Pregnant SIL visits and examines your stroller stash and says she no longer needs to shop at a stroller store.
3. DD says, "Which stroller are we going to use today--the blue one, the orange one, the red one or the black one?"
4. You insist on bringing a stroller even though one always wants to walk and the other always wants to be in the Ergo, so you end up pushing an empty double stroller around a lot.
5. You know all the Baby Jogger alphabet soup abbreviations and whenever you hear the names Bob, Al, or Terry, you think of strollers.

goldenpig, ha my mouth dropped open when i read 7 strollers, 4 doubles. hah.

for me, i have my first coming in april.. and i already have 2 strollers which i dont even know will fit our lifestyle and looking to buy one or two more... at least the wife doesnt complain too much and just calls me crazy. :jammin:

blondflava
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
That's too funny, I'm on stroller 9 and DD is not 2 yet... I try to keep 2 strollers at a time but right now no one wants to buy my Maclaren.. Hmm should I keep it then?
I'd say your stroller addiction went too far when you're looking at the double strollers and not even planning baby #2 yet for a long while LOL...

momtoax3
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
When you have to park one of your cars in the driveway and you have a 3-stall garage (in all fairness, the lawnmower, snowblower, tools, and sports equip take up most of one stall.)

I'm down to three now though (a Mac, Vista, and BJCMD)... although I'll be adding anothet double soon...lol!)

scriptkitten
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I heart this thread

crl
01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
When you read posts about doubles even though you never have needed and never will need a double.

Catherine

arivecchi
01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
When you take your stroller stash into consideration when deciding where to move to. :bag:bag

Holy moly! 11,000 posts!

goldenpig
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
goldenpig, ha my mouth dropped open when i read 7 strollers, 4 doubles. hah.

for me, i have my first coming in april.. and i already have 2 strollers which i dont even know will fit our lifestyle and looking to buy one or two more... at least the wife doesnt complain too much and just calls me crazy. :jammin:

Oops, wait...I had eight! Four singles, four doubles. Plus a GoGoKidz and a Corolle Doll stroller.
How about--when you have so many strollers you've lost track of how many strollers you actually have! :bag
I did sell/give away a bunch of them, but I still have two all-terrain doubles which is totally redundant.
So--when you are desperately trying to come up with a reason to keep two of the same type of stroller so you don't have to pick which one to give up.
Or--when you are seriously contemplating having another baby to be able to use the stroller accessories (carrycot) that came with your stroller. :bouncy:
And--When you invent new strollers in your dreams:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=381223

brgnmom
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I think I have an underlying stroller addiction, even though I have a relatively small stash which I just uploaded onto the yahoo s/o group (bugaboo cam (at my parents'), mac volo (also at my parents'), mac techno xt, and bjcmd. The double stroller I probably could've done w/o if you consider the age gap between my kids, but my son is on the small side for being 4 years old, almost 4.5, and he loves sitting next to his baby sister.

oh I forgot to add, we also have a baby doll stroller (navy blue mac techno xt). :p

goldenpig
01-11-2011, 08:12 PM

:hysterical: Love these!

arivecchi
01-11-2011, 10:43 PM
when people refer to your stash as a "collection".... :bag:bag:bag

roseyloxs
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
When your neighbor talks you into trying stroller strides because a girl there wants to see your indie twin! I am sooooo sore today but it was a lot of fun showing off my dear indie twin.

Beth24
01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
When your neighbor talks you into trying stroller strides because a girl there wants to see your indie twin! I am sooooo sore today but it was a lot of fun showing off my dear indie twin.

I guess owning 3 strollers for one 6 month old baby may be considered pretty amateurish around here!

Multimama
01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
...when you can see two strollers from where you are sitting...upstairs...in your office. (And they are up here because you were hiding them from your visiting relatives who don't approve of your addiction, er, hobby. :))

crl
01-12-2011, 01:25 AM
I guess owning 3 strollers for one 6 month old baby may be considered pretty amateurish around here!

Hey, we tied! ;). But one of mine is on long term loan to a neighbor, so it only sort of counts.

Catherine

salsah
01-12-2011, 01:34 AM

that's normal. by the time dd1 was 6 months, we had three strollers -- one for the car, one for walks around the neighborhood and one for inside the house.

salsah
01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
. . . when people you don't know get your email address from a mutual friend/acquaintance and email you for stroller advice.

purpelina
01-12-2011, 03:11 AM
. . . when people you don't know get your email address from a mutual friend/acquaintance and email you for stroller advice.
:hysterical: :yeahthat:

brgnmom
01-12-2011, 03:44 AM
when people refer to your stash as a "collection".... :bag:bag:bag

:hysterical: I'm embarrassed. I referred to my stash as a collection in my photo album & still consider it "mini" compared to other people's nice stroller stash. the mac techno xt & bjcmd are the strollers stored in the car and the only ones we use at the moment.

blondflava
01-12-2011, 09:00 AM
... when the sole and only reason of your mall trips is Stroller-sighting :rotflmao:

pampers37
01-12-2011, 10:19 AM
...when you can see two strollers from where you are sitting...upstairs...in your office. (And they are up here because you were hiding them from your visiting relatives who don't approve of your addiction, er, hobby. :))

dont let them judge you! haha be strong and proud! :boogie:

legaleagle
01-18-2011, 01:01 AM
.... your 2 year old repeatedly asks to "watch strollers" (aka baby gizmo reviews). Almost as good as dinosaurs, apparently!

arivecchi
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
.... your 2 year old repeatedly asks to "watch strollers" (aka baby gizmo reviews). Almost as good as dinosaurs, apparently!:ROTFLMAO:

When DS1 catches me watching BG videos he says "No more strollers!"

liamsmom
01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
... when the sole and only reason of your mall trips is Stroller-sighting :rotflmao:

:ROTFLMAO::yeahthat:

When you get rubberneck syndrome when you see wheels pass you by. And you're disappointed it's only a wheelchair or a dolly.

roseyloxs
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
When you get rubberneck syndrome when you see wheels pass you by. And you're disappointed it's only a wheelchair or a dolly.

:ROTFLMAO: I am so guilty of this!

arivecchi
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM

When you get rubberneck syndrome when you see wheels pass you by. And you're disappointed it's only a wheelchair or a dolly.:hysterical:

I just did this yesterday!

liamsmom
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
LOL! I'm glad it's not just me!

crl
01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
While your child is engaging with the exhibits at the science museum, you are busy stroller spotting. Saw a pink bee, a bob duallie, a couple of big plastic gracos and several MacLarens. I had the swift, of course. We walked there. And yes, the swift was the perfect stroller.

Catherine

AnnieW625
01-18-2011, 02:10 PM
While your child is engaging with the exhibits at the science museum, you are busy stroller spotting.

This is me pretty much anywhere. I have loved stroller spotting since well before I had children. No clue as to why, but I always love looking at strollers!

Beth24
01-18-2011, 02:59 PM
When you pause a TV show on your DVR and rewind so you can take a closer look at and identify a stroller in a scene on the show!

blondflava
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM

What a riot :ROTFLMAO:. True true!

elektra
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
When your friend mentions that after her DH called to tell her that he was rushing their DC #2 to the ER, and she then tells you that she had to run home, pushing DC #1 in the stroller, you wonder (and eventually ask her) what stroller she had to run home with.

scriptkitten
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Snow is coming down hard and you think its a great time to schedule an impromptu pediatrician appointment for a non-non-non-non-non-urgent issue, just so you have an excuse to take the BOB out in the snow.

i should have taken pix AFTER the pedi appt because there was a LOT more snow afterwards!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/5367386845_464a186da9.jpg

arivecchi
01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
When your friend mentions that after her DH called to tell her that he was rushing their DC #2 to the ER, and she then tells you that she had to run home, pushing DC #1 in the stroller, you wonder (and eventually ask her) what stroller she had to run home with. :ROTFLMAO:

Snow is coming down hard and you think its a great time to schedule an impromptu pediatrician appointment for a non-non-non-non-non-urgent issue, just so you have an excuse to take the BOB out in the snow.

i should have taken pix AFTER the pedi appt because there was a LOT more snow afterwards!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/5367386845_464a186da9.jpg Hey, sounds like a good excuse to me! Isn't it nice to have a good AT when it is snowing?

momtoax3
01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Guilty of almost all of them!!!!

liamsmom
01-18-2011, 08:55 PM
When you pause a TV show on your DVR and rewind so you can take a closer look at and identify a stroller in a scene on the show!

What's on TV is often better than what I see IRL. I love being able to identify most strollers.

Beth24
01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
What's on TV is often better than what I see IRL. I love being able to identify most strollers.

It is fun isn't it? Except when DH makes fun of me...

atx
01-19-2011, 02:22 AM

Um, my baby is 3 mos old and I have 3 strollers already...and that's not including the snap n go I borrowed and need to return and the city mini I just returned to diapers.com

I haven't used the albert thurston yet...I can't bear to not see her when we're strolling :love5:

Beth24
01-19-2011, 02:33 AM
Um, my baby is 3 mos old and I have 3 strollers already...and that's not including the snap n go I borrowed and need to return and the city mini I just returned to diapers.com

I haven't used the albert thurston yet...I can't bear to not see her when we're strolling :love5:

I know, I only use my Vista for the same reason!

edurnemk
01-19-2011, 01:33 PM
.... your 2 year old repeatedly asks to "watch strollers" (aka baby gizmo reviews). Almost as good as dinosaurs, apparently!

DS will watch them with me and then tell me which stroller he liked best. And then ask 2 days later "where's the new stroller? the orange one we saw on your computer? I want it, mommy!" :hysterical:

LoveBeingMrs
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/5367386845_464a186da9.jpg

What about when you stop walking in the middle of a snowstorm to take pictures of your stroller in the snow? :ROTFLMAO: Couldn't help myself.. :p

scriptkitten
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
:ROTFLMAO:
Hey, sounds like a good excuse to me! Isn't it nice to have a good AT when it is snowing?

Yes… its nice to have a good AT stroller… or two!!! :ROTFLMAO:

What about when you stop walking in the middle of a snowstorm to take pictures of your stroller in the snow? :ROTFLMAO: Couldn't help myself.. :p

um.. lol. the neighbors already know i'm crazy, this just cements it.

liamsmom
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Last night I dreamed I was at my BIL's house in Seattle. But I needed to go somewhere, so I went to Strollerqueen's house to borrow a stroller! Or something like that...But now I know my stroller passion has gone too far.

pampers37
01-20-2011, 04:52 PM
how about when you're surfing and you click on a box to search text or enter text and autocomplete shows "bob stroller, stroller, maclaren, baby jogger"

pampers37
01-20-2011, 04:54 PM

my wife did this for me while watching modern family..

DW: "hey what stroller is that?"
me: "well from the looks of the hand bars and the wheels..." haha

arivecchi
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM

me: "well from the looks of the hand bars and the wheels..." hahaOk, you need to get my DH more excited about strollers. I would be in heaven if he paid attention to 1/10 of my stroller talk.

Small progress this morning though. He informed me that he thought I would be happy to know that he used the MB Duo to pick up our clothes at the dry cleaners this morning. He said it made his trip much easier. :)

arivecchi
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Another one - when you leave explicit instructions that no one pack up or touch your strollers while moving. Only I can properly pack my babies. :)

lele
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM

:boogie:I do that too. And in magazines...love to see what the celebs are pushing around.

Beth24
01-20-2011, 07:22 PM

Ok you are really trying to make our husbands look bad now, aren't you! :ROTFLMAO:

Love it you are truly hooked. But you haven't told us what your wife thinks of your new obsession...

lhafer
01-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Is that a P3? The orange one? :hysterical: at myself for even asking!

pampers37
01-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Ok you are really trying to make our husbands look bad now, aren't you! :ROTFLMAO:

Love it you are truly hooked. But you haven't told us what your wife thinks of your new obession...

ha... making your husbands look bad, is it working? :yay:

DW thinks im silly, yet very supportive. i have her rubber necking a bit when we go to malls and pass by kiddie play areas at the mall. i think it's a bit easier for me to get away with buying multiple strollers than it is for the moms out there getting push back from the dads. i practice using the terms with her now and again before bed, just so she knows when we call upon a chariot - she'll know we're looking for.

she got a bit obsessed with cribs (which we've settled on a white baby mod parklane). so she understands the obsession. good thing i can justify more than one stroller vs one crib :)

pampers37
01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Is that a P3? The orange one? :hysterical: at myself for even asking!

hilarious.. yes i think it was! Tropical is the color to be exact. hahaha :cheerleader1:

salsah
01-21-2011, 12:48 AM
when your strollers are worth more than your car.

so this isn't entirely true, but dh and i were joking recently (when we realized that we accidentally left the car windows open and the keys in the ignition) that we didn't need to worry because no one would want to steal our car. but the car seats and stroller . . .