PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide! BVLD70 or MA70??

mickminmom
01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks to PP who posted deal on Britaxs!!

I have pm at Diapers.com but could not decide which to buy and I have 2 days left.
We are currently using a RA and a BVLD, both are expiring soon. DS is 22 months and 25% in height/weight so not a big guy...

Cars are an Ody 09 and an Accord 05. Both cars have side airbags.

I loved our BLVD but now that MA has the easily adjustable straps also, do I really need to spend the extra money for a BLVD, especially as I have to buy two seats.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!
TIA

BabyBearsMom
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I have a BLVD (old school version) and a MA70. I soooo prefer the Blvd. It is so much easier to get DD into the straps for some reason and I can't figure out why. I think they are just a little bit wides in the seat, maybe? Regardless, if I had it to do over again, I would have spent the extra money on the BLVD instead of the MA.

AnnieW625
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I have big car sleepers and I love the extra headwings that the BLVD has; our Frontier has them too and DD1 has been way more comfy in that seat than she ever was in her Marathon (although we did have to use it again, and she liked it because she see out the window better!)

mickminmom
01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I appreciated your input!

I ended up getting the MA70s from diapers.com. The BLVD70s were sold out by the time I went to buy them. DS is not a car sleeper at all so I hope he will be comfortable in his new seats...the back and forth was killing me and then my decision was taken away anyway!

BabyBearsMom
01-12-2011, 05:15 PM
The new marathons are a lot deeper than the old ones, so if he does fall asleep there is plenty of shell around his head to support it. DD sleeps in her MA70 all the time and her head isn't flailing about. Its a comfy seat, I just hate strapping her in. But if you loosen and tighten the straps each time, it isn't bad. I"m sure you will be happy with it.

mickminmom
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
The new marathons are a lot deeper than the old ones, so if he does fall asleep there is plenty of shell around his head to support it. DD sleeps in her MA70 all the time and her head isn't flailing about. Its a comfy seat, I just hate strapping her in. But if you loosen and tighten the straps each time, it isn't bad. I"m sure you will be happy with it.

Thanks BabyBearsMom...I was soooo undecided! I am used to loosening and tightening each time so that won't be something new for me. I hope he likes the cowmooflage :) I always wanted that cover!

keeley146
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Cowmooflage is a great choice! We have that cover for our diplomat and I think it is too cute! And it's one of the few covers that looks good in a beige or dark interior car! :)

poohbear
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM

:yeahthat: I was going to say that we have the old BLVD65, but if I were getting a new one, I would get the MA70 (it has the deeper sides and mini headwings due to the no-rethread harness). In Cowmoo. Glad you were able to take advantage of the deal :)