PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave is over in less than 2 weeks...

luckytwenty
01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
What would you be sure to do if you had 11 days left until you re-entered the working world?

I feel like I've been in a big bubble for the past 10 weeks. All of the sudden, I have a 2 1/2 month old and HR wants me to fax back my STD-cleared-to-return-to-work paperwork. Ack!!!

Kind of excited to go back (is that bad??) and definitely scared.

BabyBearsMom
01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I was very happy to go back to work. It was amazing to get to go to the bathroom without a baby crying (or without wearing the baby at the time). I also enjoy eating my lunch when I was hungry and not when the baby was FINALLY sleeping. So don't feel bad.

As far as things to do, are you BF? If so, have you started building your stash? Do you have a few work outfits that fit and look okay? Give your LO extra snuggles because you will probably miss him/her the first few days, so take advantage of that now.

luckytwenty
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks!! I am trying to snuggle him all I can. :-) I definitely have a lot of frozen milk, too. As for the clothes...well, they are tighter than they were last time I had them on, but they fit. (Yay for BFing and weight loss!!)

Probably should start wearing regular bras (and buy some), though. Not sure I need the flappy maternity bras just for a few pumping sessions.

So glad to hear you were happy to go back! I will try not to feel too guilty about it.

zag95
01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks!! I am trying to snuggle him all I can. :-) I definitely have a lot of frozen milk, too. As for the clothes...well, they are tighter than they were last time I had them on, but they fit. (Yay for BFing and weight loss!!)

Probably should start wearing regular bras (and buy some), though. Not sure I need the flappy maternity bras just for a few pumping sessions.
I'd probably keep the maternity bras for a little longer to wear at work- might make it a whole lot faster to pump, just by taking the bra down quickly- and you'd still have time for lunch!

I'd also do a day off for yourself, if you can- maybe start transitioning your DC into daycare a few days before you go back or do half days- it won't be so hard the first day...... and you can do a few things for yourself- whether it's organize something that will let you feel less stressed out when you return to work; preparing meals and freezing so you have more mommy time when you get home from work; or doing something that helps you relax, read, exercise or enjoy some pampering (massage, pedi, whatever!). Good luck!

luckytwenty
01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I'd also do a day off for yourself, if you can- maybe start transitioning your DC into daycare a few days before you go back or do half days- it won't be so hard the first day!

You're brilliant! That sounds absolutely heavenly. Had never crossed my mind, actually, to do that.

wellyes
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Unless you plan to stop BFing soon, I'd invest in work-worthy maternity bras. Makes life so much easier, even when home (you're home more hours of the day than not). Anita is my favorite brand. I actually have been wearing "flappy" bras almost full time since I had DD, even after I stopped BFing her, cause I like the bras and they fit my *ahem* new shape so well.

luckytwenty
01-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Unless you plan to stop BFing soon, I'd invest in work-worthy maternity bras. Makes life so much easier, even when home (you're home more hours of the day than not). Anita is my favorite brand. I actually have been wearing "flappy" bras almost full time since I had DD, even after I stopped BFing her, cause I like the bras and they fit my *ahem* new shape so well.

Will look into Anita. My new shape sure ain't like my old shape. ;)

AnnieW625
01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Isn't it amazing how fast it goes by. I was happy to get back to work. Anita bras are great from what I hear. I didn't pump at work, but honestly a maternity bra for pumping is just way easier.

twowhat?
01-11-2011, 06:31 PM
maybe start transitioning your DC into daycare a few days before you go back or do half days- it won't be so hard the first day...... and you can do a few things for yourself-

Best decision we ever made. We did a 2-week transition, during which all I had to worry about was helping the girls transition to their daycare. It totally took a lot of the stress out of my first day back at work.

I know you don't have 2 weeks, but a few days, if you can swing it, makes a big difference!