PDA

View Full Version : what did you know about before Baby Bargains book or boards?

AnnieW625
01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
(I really have to get back to work:bag; darn you WTG for spurring this post frenzy:thumbsup::thumbsdown:)

I was just thinking about the other how did BBB persuade you and it made me think about some things I knew about pre BBB.

For me it was cloth diapering. I was cloth diapered baby with prefolds and Gerber covers and knew about that basic diapering method long before coming to BBB, but on the flip side 4 yrs. cloth diapering was still very underground and not talked about in real life and since I wasn't on BBB then I had no idea you could cloth diaper without a diaper service. Now it's all over the place, even IRL too. I just wish it would've been around 4 yrs. ago so I would've at least tried it with DD1.

I knew about Sophie the Giraffe too, although I had forgotten about her as it turns out I had one when I was little too.

I knew about Hanna Andersson. The kids I babysat for in the early 90s were Hanna kids. I knew then that my kids would have Hanna too, as long as it still existed.

Trader Joes, I have been shopping their since high school. It was their granola that dragged me in.

Whole Foods, a friend from the Silicon Valley introduced it to me in college.

Peg Perego (don't remember how, but I must have done some stroller watching at the mall pre kids:shake:)

Graco

newg
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
I knew about whole foods and TJ's, though I didn't shop there as much as I do now.
I clipped coupons and looked for deals (but again, not as much as I do now!)

There are probably a few more, but I have a brain fart right now ;)

eta: okay, thought of another one.......I knew I was going to BF for at least a year (as long as DD1 and my body were willing)

LMPC
01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I knew about WF and TJ's.
I knew about the possibility of changing a vax schedule.
I knew about Britax.

Good grief...that's about it!!!

JoyNChrist
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Nothing. Seriously, nothing. I didn't know anyone with little babies and I hadn't been around kids much. I was clueless.