PDA

View Full Version : Nerves or motion sickness or both?

L'sMommy
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
We had a recent change in child care for DS. He is now in day care near where I work, which is a 45-55 minute drive from my house. Each morning, DS throws up (not too much) when we pull inot the parking lot. He is fine on the drive home. This morning he threw up a decent amount half way there and I had to pull over on a major highway. Then when we got there he threw up a decent amount again (even on an empty stomach). I don't know what is going on. Previous care taker used to tell me that he used to throw up intentionally when he didn't want to do something. I myself didn't experience that too much....I felt when he threw up it was from too much crying (in crib) or because he ate/drank too much too fast. He is 2 and when i got to work today I turned his car seat FF'ing to see if that makes a difference. He's been RF this whole time. The only other time he got sick in the car (when he wasn't sick-sick) was on a 5-hr drive a few months ago. Again, it was early in the morning that day also. I'm not sure what to do. If it's nerves, can I give him something to make him less anxious (I don't mean medication)?

Roni
01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm dealing w/ this w/ my middle schooler. In her case it's both. She used to throw up rear-facing, too, back in the day? Did turning him around help? DD wears Sea Bands, but I don't know if that would work for a 2yo.

For nerves, we're working on deep breathing, and I'm researching other things. Unfortunately, I don't know enough yet to help you. See if you can figure out if he is worried, though. That's a good first step.