PDA

View Full Version : Memory foam mattress?

Kaylee31
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Does anyone have one? Do you like it or not? Will it work on a regular bed, or will you need a platform bed? How long did you have to let it "set" before you slept on it?
We really need a new queen size mattress, ours is around 10 yrs old, and I often wake up with a sore back. I'm considering the foam because I think it would be more comfortable (my foam pillow is heaven!), and it might help keep the cost down; since I wouldn't have to buy a mattress set w/a box spring.

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I've had a Tempurpedic for about 12 years now and I love it. You just need a box spring under it (fine print says box spring needs to be replaced every few years but we haven't done that). I got a fantastic deal on it but even if I didn't I think I would still buy one.

Beth

mezzona
01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Does anyone have one? Do you like it or not? Will it work on a regular bed, or will you need a platform bed? How long did you have to let it "set" before you slept on it?
We really need a new queen size mattress, ours is around 10 yrs old, and I often wake up with a sore back. I'm considering the foam because I think it would be more comfortable (my foam pillow is heaven!), and it might help keep the cost down; since I wouldn't have to buy a mattress set w/a box spring.

I have a tempurpedic. I love it, my dh likes it but actually would prefer a firmer bed. (?!) If you use it on a regular bed frame, you need to use a foundation. If you use it on a platform bed with slats, you need a foundation or you can use bunky boards (sleepworld or crate & barrel), depends on how high you want your mattress. If your platform bed has a solid platform, you don't need anything else.

I used it right away. Did not air it out.

JamiMac
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
We have a Tempurpedic mattress and I absolutely love it! It really is one of my favorite purchases. I sleep so well and don't have any of the problems that I was so afraid of before buying it (sleeping hot, etc.). It really is that great I think!