PDA

View Full Version : All Around Stroller Help

mom2khj
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I want/need a new stroller. :) I've been reading this forum now for a few days and it has left me more confused than ever, LOL.

I have a Chicco Cortina, that I adored with my second child. Now, for my third, it's feeling a bit rickety and the folding mechanism sticks sometimes so I'd like to get something else before I switch to my Trip. I have the Inglesina Trip from my second child, that I also loved. I had a Mac Triumph with my first and thought I loved it, until I got the Trip. It made the Mac seem so skimpy in comparison.

I feel like I still want a more substantial stroller for the baby, at the moment and am not ready to start using the Trip yet. This is my last baby, but he's only 4 months. He is also large (97% in height and weight) for his age so, I need to keep that in consideration too. Don't want him to "outgrow" it before I'm ready!

My thoughts on what I want:
-Easy fold
-Not too wide, as it will be used at the mall/shopping a lot.
-Smooth ride, it will also be used on grass/dirt for soccer games and such.
-Relatively lightweight, it doesn't have to be uber-light, but I don't want to break my back putting it in and out of my trunk!
-Prefer slightly higher than normal handle. The Trip handles were much better for me than the Triumph.
-Umbrella fold, generally I prefer this but am willing to look at others.
-I tend to prefer a more traditional looking stroller over some of the more modern designs.

Here are some I've looked at, and now I can't make up my mind. Some seem so similar to the Trip I already have they don't seem worth spending the money.

Peg Perego P3 or Si
Cybex - not sure which model, hadn't heard of these until I started reading here. I love the way the harness adjusts like a car seat though!
Baby Jogger City mini - not sold on the "3" wheel shape. But I am tempted, since I keep seeing how much people love this. Worried about the width.
Joovy Kooper

So, what would you get if you were in my shoes, and why? I'm hoping to go see some in stores this weekend.

TIA!!!

roseyloxs
01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
The mini is too wide.
I am not a peg fan.
The kooper is 5 inches longer then the Callisto.

I vote Callisto. Has the cool wheels, one handed recline, one bar handle, umbrella fold, bumper bar. Basket is small and there is no peekaboo window but I think it would work for you.

legaleagle
01-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Another vote for the callisto - the handle is very high, very smooth fold, very easy to recline/unrecline, big sunshade. I love mine.

Oops, I actually meant very smooth ride. The fold is ok but not great. (Folds small but a bit tricky to do until you get the hang of it)

Beth24
01-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I have an Si if you have any questions. I keep it in my car and it has worked out well for me.

poohbear
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Big shocker here, I know, but I vote BJCM.... While it is wider in back, that doesn't bother me much now that I've gotten used to it. I like the 3 wheel design because I find it easier to steer and maneuver. Full recline, awesome canopy, easiest fold ever. And weighs only 17 lbs.
FWIW - I went from a Chicco Cortina to the BJCM and my only regret is that I didn't start with it (I'd have to compare but I don't think the BJCM is much wider at the back than the Cortina)...
Anyway, just my 2 cents... I also have a mac Ryder which would probably be comparable to a Callisto, I just feel like the BJCM is more substantial, which I like sometimes. Plus, the fold... And the resale is AWESOME :)

mom2khj
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Big shocker here, I know, but I vote BJCM.... While it is wider in back, that doesn't bother me much now that I've gotten used to it. I like the 3 wheel design because I find it easier to steer and maneuver. Full recline, awesome canopy, easiest fold ever. And weighs only 17 lbs.
FWIW - I went from a Chicco Cortina to the BJCM and my only regret is that I didn't start with it (I'd have to compare but I don't think the BJCM is much wider at the back than the Cortina)...
Anyway, just my 2 cents... I also have a mac Ryder which would probably be comparable to a Callisto, I just feel like the BJCM is more substantial, which I like sometimes. Plus, the fold... And the resale is AWESOME :)

So you don't have issues navigating in narrow stores? That's my main concern about the width. I didn't think about comparing to the Cortina, off to check out the specs!

I gotta be able to fit through Gymboree and The Children's Place you know, LOL!