PDA

View Full Version : After-Market Handlebar Extender?

lizzywednesday
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Is there such a thing as an after-market handlebar extender for a plain old lightweight stroller?

I bought a lightweight stroller while DH and I were at his parents' place in PHX. DH didn't want to spend a lot of $$, so he originally picked out the cheapest stroller on display - a FP model that came up to my knee - and I told him he could shove it where the sun don't shine. We ended up buying the next-to-least expensive one, even trying DD out in it to see how it steered & whether I could tolerate it even though the handlebar was low for me.

After actually using it, I should have gone with my gut: its handle is definitely too low for me ... pushing it around the Phoenix Zoo was a bit of a struggle because I felt my shoulders hunching (and I would rather have worn DD in the Ergo, but DH was convinced she wasn't "seeing" anything there) and I had a sore neck & upper back afterwards, in addition to some minor lower back cramping. (We ended up not using it very much during the trip because it was just plain easier for me to wear her.)

Anyway, since we have plans to go back out on other trips before DD outgrows the stroller, is there anything I can get after-market to raise the handlebar or am I stuck?

(FWIW, it's this stroller from BRU: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3994452)