PDA

View Full Version : What will we miss at Toontown in WDW?

MSWR0319
01-11-2011, 09:17 PM
We had originally planned on going the second week of Feb, which is right before Toontown closed, but due to some health issues we put off ordering airline tickets until we were sure we could go. Now ticket prices have gone up and we are thinking the second week of May may be a better option. What we will miss at Toontown? Anything that we really need to see and should still plan on going in Feb? FWIW, DS is 2.5.

hillview
01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
No. You would not miss anything huge. It is cute but not a MUST see IMO.
/hillary

Momof3Labs
01-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Nothing much. We didn't even hit Toontown on this last trip (except when I wandered in while pushing two sleeping girls in the stroller).

LarsMal
01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Is that where the Barnstormer is? If so, that's the only thing I can think of (and only one of my kids could ride it anyway). It's fun, but nothing special.

Why are they closing Toontown?

crl
01-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Not a big deal, IMO. Ds wandered through Mickey and Minnie's houses. I think there were characters there, but a long line? Not a highlight at all for us.

Catherine

babyready
01-12-2011, 12:44 PM
The only thing that we really did there was Mickey and Minnie's houses, which is fun but not going to be a huge deal. I do believe the Barnstormer is in there. I honestly can't remember anything else...

keh602
01-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh no! I had no idea Toontown was closing. We're going in March, and last year Barnstormer was DD's *favorite* ride. I really hope she doesn't remember it. :(

DebbieJ
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
We didn't go to Toontown on our last visit either.

sewarsh
01-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Minnie's house is really cute. Mickey's is ok. But that's the only thing you'll miss and neither are the biggest deals.

However, the character lines for the fairies and the princesses are there, so that may or may not be a big deal to you, but i assume they'll move that somewhere else becuase that's a pretty big hit there.