PDA

View Full Version : Name one thing you are REALLY good at

citymama
01-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Name one thing you do really well.

Two caveats:
1) It should be something that not everyone does well. (So, not "sleep" which is my DH's answer to this question.)
2) No TMI responses. Keep it clean, boys and girls!

I make a mean grilled cheese (see Velveeta thread - my secret is olive oil, monterey jack, good bread and a cast iron pan on high heat.)

Your turn!

KrisM
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm a good knitter. I taught myself about 20 years ago. I've made our Christmas stockings with designs on them and our names on them.

LD92599
01-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Formatting excel documents!

vludmilla
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Spelling. I rocked the school spelling bees for years.

shawnandangel
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Making homemade pasta sauce and meatballs. I make the best meatballs around. :)

citymama
01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
I know I said one thing but - whistling! :innocent:

WolfpackMom
01-11-2011, 10:06 PM

:ROTFLMAO: I do this all day long, not always AWESOME at it though when it comes to pivots and macros...

I would say Im pretty OK at making quilts and one day may be really good.

Twoboos
01-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Quick comebacks.

(ETA: I may have to change this to "Not reading directions" b/c I listed three!! :))

LMPC
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Finding my way back to a place I have only been once. I chalk this up to a very good sense of direction and a weird ability to remember details.

kijip
01-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I am a great from scratch, in my head, cook.

BabyMine
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Eating chocolate.

BabbyO
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Getting stains out of clothes...I've only had a few stump me.

citymama
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Eating chocolate.

Nice try. It has to be something not everyone can do! :ROTFLMAO:

kijip
01-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Well, if we get another bite at the apple, I am really good at raising money.

ha98ed14
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I am a good planner. I think through all the possibilities and have contingency and backup plans. You can't prevent everything, but you can be prepared!

g-mama
01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Making new friends. I'm easy to get to know and people feel comfortable around me very quickly.

naam
01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Baking, particularly cheesecakes.

m448
01-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Multitasking - add has its benefits.

Also baking. I've been baking passionately since I was 15 and my family willingly entertained that. I find it intuitive, effortless and I can do it well even with kids underfoot (as well as fast).

artvandalay
01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I am fantastic at remembering faces. Remembering names is a different story.

DrSally
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Organizing (when I have the time and space to do so).

BabyMine
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Nice try. It has to be something not everyone can do! :ROTFLMAO:

Darn it.;) I love and do very well at analyzing. I was bored at work one day and decided to analyze some charges from another company we outsourced from. I did this for a couple of months and found over $25,000 in over charges. I do have a problem with over analyzing things at times.

hillview
01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I am really good in a serious crisis. I don't panic. Almost to a fault.
/hillary

malphy
01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I can pick up foreign languages fairly easily and sound almost native when speaking.

elektra
01-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I can catch stuff after it falls. Like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon tea cup style. I really amaze myself sometimes. Never mind that I am the one who knocks the stuff down in the first place, but I am really good at this.
Ex. I knock the little childproof magnet off the cabinet and i can reach down and catch it on it's way down before it hits the floor.
If anyone wants to challenge me on this, BRING IT.
ETA: i don't knock the stuff down on purpose!

kijip
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I can catch stuff after it falls. Like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon tea cup style. I really amaze myself sometimes. Never mind that I am the one who knocks the stuff down in the first place, but I am really good at this.
Ex. I knock the little childproof magnet off the cabinet and i can reach down and catch it on it's way down before it hits the floor.

Like the fireman who sets the fires! ;)

elektra
01-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Like the fireman who sets the fires! ;)

I just edited! I don't do it on purpose, i am just a klutz i swear. I'm more like a bumbling idiot superhero. Is there such a hero to reference? ;)

Cam&Clay
01-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I type faster than anyone I know! I even won an award for it in high school.

Momof3Labs
01-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Finding lost items. And damn, do DH and DS1 give me a run for my money in this category...

scriptkitten
01-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Performing on a stage.

vludmilla
01-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Weren't you on a competitive, successful softball team...I seem to remember you were way up there with that...seems like you may have a natural talent for catching lots of things...

lovebebes
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
im really good at creating a child's room from scratch- coming up with the overall idea, finding objects of art for it, making it very original and beautiful, painting the mural etc etc etc.

LMPC
01-11-2011, 10:54 PM
im really good at creating a child's room from scratch- coming up with the overall idea, finding objects of art for it, making it very original and beautiful, painting the mural etc etc etc.
I think you should also include taking pix of your kids! The ones you posted tonight were awesome!!!

lovebebes
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
ohhh i have to add this one, i just have to.

I am seriously the best at putting together baby/child outfits. Dont even try to beat me.:)

(lol this is so much fun!)

Melaine
01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Writing, I guess. That is what I have been told anyway.
Shopping?

lovebebes
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I think you should also include taking pix of your kids! The ones you posted tonight were awesome!!!

aw thank you very very much! i was going to post taking pics but that would have been more of an obivous (and a bit more boring) answer for me. although i absolutely do love taking pix of children. i think i love all things creative having to do with children and it includes pictures,murals,clothes-visual things. if i could i would do this for a living, all of it, all at once-that would be my dream life.

justlearning
01-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I am really good at being frugal.

In grad school I made $8,000 a year and paid for all of my living expenses (car, apt., insurance, etc.) and tuition on my own without ever taking out a loan and without ever getting a cent from my parents. My classmates were always amazed that I could live debt-free but I got very good at making Ramen noodles in different ways. :)

And I still am very good at living frugally and like to do so, even though DH is a doctor and I could spend more if I wanted to. Probably 90% of the furnishings in our large home have come from craigslist, and I'm very happy driving my 8-year-old minivan until it falls apart. And I've never paid more than $20 for a pair of jeans...and I only order water in restaurants...the list could continue. Growing up poor, I learned how to be frugal and I appreciate that.

DietCokeLover
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I am very good at talking people into giving me a discount/ discounted rate for things (i.e. hotel rooms, car rental, items in a store.)

sunnyside
01-11-2011, 11:52 PM
It's not like I get to do it much anymore, but flying trapeze!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE_-DtKtCZc

goldenpig
01-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I can roll a kayak.

And, smaller things that impress DH:
I can read really fast.
I have good balance--I can stand up on a kayak without falling over, and when we took stand up paddling lessons I didn't fall once (he could barely stay upright).
I can change a diaper in the dark (risky, I know).

DietCokeLover
01-11-2011, 11:58 PM

:bighand: How fun!

gatorsmom
01-11-2011, 11:59 PM
I can raise my right eyebrow independent of my left in a sort of "ooh la la" type look. I'm very proud of it.

ETA: Oh, I'm very good at keeping my house organized to fit our family's needs.

Staraglimmer
01-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I teach/explain things well.

happymom
01-12-2011, 12:05 AM
I teach/explain things well.

:yeahthat: Was just going to post this. DH always tells me that!

On a more trivial note, I decorate cakes, cupcakes, and cookies pretty well.

elliput
01-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Sight reading music, though I am a little out of practice now.

happymom
01-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh, forgot a fun one! I can write a sentence or two backwards- as in, start with the last letter and work my way towards the first. Pretty cool and fun too!

smiles33
01-12-2011, 12:13 AM
I am surprisingly good at being friendly/charming despite extreme sleep deprivation. When DD1 was 3 weeks old and in the Special Care Nursery for a week, I slept in the breastfeeding room so i could continue to nurse her every 2 hours. The nurses told my husband I was the nicest person because I would smile and thank them when they came to wake me up when DD1 was hungry.

I also have been told I am very good at public speaking/managing an upset crowd without being defensive or evasive. I have run a few major Town Hall type meetings and handled them pretty well.

Globetrotter
01-12-2011, 12:16 AM
writing funny poems, though I have hardly done it since dd was born :(

melrose7
01-12-2011, 12:17 AM
I can watch a lot of kids an not feel overwhelmed. I have my 3 kids plus watch 3 to 4 other kids part time in my home and I may raise my voice at times things are never out of control. My DF will call and wonder why her house with 1 kid is more out of control than mine. Always loved being around a lot of kids.

baymom
01-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I have great stamina....like I can go on a 5-6 hr hike without any training, or go jogging for 90+ minutes (not at a fast pace, but without stopping), or be on my feet all day and be perfectly fine the next day. It's actually kind of surprising because I am rarely a the gym for more than an hour total, just a few days of the week.

Kymberley
01-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I can recite the alphabet backwards (Z-A) in 4 seconds, name all 50 states in 20 seconds, and list the 7 dwarfs in 3 seconds. I'm not a fast talker, just weird!

indigo99
01-12-2011, 12:39 AM
I can raise my right eyebrow independent of my left in a sort of "ooh la la" type look. I'm very proud of it.

My brother and I do that. I've always wondered if it's genetic like rolling your tongue.

When I actually try, I'm good at editing - both photographs and writing. I'm pretty good at taking the pictures to begin with, but good editing can make a huge difference with digital.

BTW, I do think that some people are really great at sleeping. I could fall asleep ANYWHERE when I was little, in the blink of an eye - even sitting up. I can still fall asleep quickly, but DH has a lot of trouble with insomnia.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I can pick up foreign languages fairly easily and sound almost native when speaking.

this is mine, i think. foreign languages come easy to me, in general. i started learning Japanese in grad school at the age of 25 and i think i picked it up pretty easily, especially after living in Japan for a few months. i learned how to recognize and write all 2,000 general-use kanji (Chinese characters used in Japanese language) in less than a year. a proud moment was when i was able to recognize/write characters that even native Japanese people i knew (e.g. my boss) didn't know how to write. of course, now my japanese language skills have fallen by the wayside after having DS (no time to practice), but i'd like to think i can easily pick it up again.

bigpassport
01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Researching/Investigating/Finding answers quickly

My boss took us on a surprise cruise, wouldn't tell us where we were going. I figured it out based on very little information and ruined the surprise:D

citymama
01-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Performing on a stage.

We need to hear more about this. What kind of performance?

lovebebes
01-12-2011, 01:24 AM

wow!!!:applause:

salsah
01-12-2011, 01:29 AM
i'm so impressed with all of you.

kind of feeling bad for myself now . . . i wish my mom was chinese!

kozachka
01-12-2011, 01:47 AM
1. Dancing - I took dancing and choreography for ~7 years in school, and was offered to join a professional dance group, twice. Second time was in a Latin club after the guy who was organizing the said group danced with me for several hours, and I've never even taken Latin dancing classes.

2. I can do splits with pretty much no stretching and I have not done any exercise for many, many months. I am just naturally flexible. I've done gymnastics in elementary school and then won a gymnastics competition as part of a team in college when I really, really needed PE credit after skipping classes for the whole year.

3. Selling - I started helping my grandmother sell flowers/fruits at a very young age, and made my first money ever at the age of 13 selling fruits at the farmers market on commission (my parents captured the rest). My first full time job was as a sales manager and within months I was promoted to the newly created position of a sales director. Owner of the company has then send me to another country where his other company (in the same business as ours) was having problems. I got sales up to the record levels, higher than all market forecasts, and got a very nice recommendation letters for business school from two top international consumer goods companies, who were our suppliers.

4. Negotiations - I worked in a boutique M&A firm and lead negotiations with many different kind of people. Owner of the company admitted that I am a tougher negotiator than he is. Again, I worked on mostly commission.

5. Establishing connection with people and gaining their trust - I don't know why or how but people tend to like me, and spill their inner most secrets/hopes to me.

6. Shopping/finding information - my friends say I have a Ph.D. in shopping, which is probably because I am good in finding information.

7. Learning new things, including languages

8. Remembering faces (but not names), people stories and numbers

I should stop... this is turning into a brag. But I am feeling better about myself. This has been therapeutical ;)

Pyrodjm
01-12-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm great at Scrabble.

StantonHyde
01-12-2011, 01:52 AM
I can organize ANYTHING with a spread sheet (I made data bases for kindergarten programs and ski lessons for our day care)

I make an awesome apple pie!!!

I love, love, love to plan travel. I am currently simultaneously planning a trip to Vegas and to Spain.

As DD said, "We are adventure family, mommy". I am the activity mommy. I think DH wishes I was the stay home and clean wife ;)

I can remember faces and circumstances of how I know people. DH will joke when we go to a restaurant--and what plays has our waiter been in? HOw many people in the restaurant do you know? I love making connections with people.

I wish I was good at sleeping!!

tylersmama
01-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Spelling. I rocked the school spelling bees for years.

:yeahthat:

My "claim to fame" is that I was the first-ever three time Williams County Spelling Bee champ. There have been a couple more since, but I was the first! I'm still bitter that I let a stupid word (tonsils!) trip me up and knock me out of the regional. I REALLY wanted that trip to the National Spelling Bee. Of course, on the flip side, I STILL to this day use the scientific calculator I got for 5th place...not bad considering that was 1990! :D

kijip
01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
I wish I was good at sleeping!!

Word! As someone who has suffered from insomnia, not everyone is good at sleeping. I would happy trade away a talent or two for the ability to fall asleep easily.

fattytuna
01-12-2011, 03:27 AM

I used to be able to do something that, until one day I knocked over a small flower pot that contained a small cactus. I just saw something fall and wanted to catch it before it hit the floor and broke. Not realizing what it was, I caught it in mid-air, while it was upside down, with my bare hand. After that I just let things fall.

Sweetum
01-12-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm very good with names. Most times I remember last names too. I rarely need to be told a name twice, even if it's a difficult one.

since everyone's doing more than one :loveeyes: here are some more:
- I can nag nag and nag DH till he gets things done - yep, it requires talent with a DH like mine - I love him!
- I can imitate sounds very well - so I do well with languages - several people have told me that I sound like their native when I read/say words in their language even when I don't know what I'm saying/reading!
- I adapt very easily to new places and culture. Having moved around so much as a child, it's second nature to me to accept a new place and culture.

citymama
01-12-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm great at Scrabble.

Hey, me too!

One more thing - I am a pretty kick-ass mimic of accents and voices. As in, I can be the Wonder Pets for DD on command, or Peter Sellers or my great aunt with the quavering voice. It also spills over into doing good accents when speaking foreign languages - so even if I don't speak correctly, I speak with the right accent and can get by as a local.

mishka, that trapeze performance is amazing! I know exactly where the Circus Center is!

citymama
01-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Word! As someone who has suffered from insomnia, not everyone is good at sleeping. I would happy trade away a talent or two for the ability to fall asleep easily.

Good point - it is definitely a skill. My DH is exceptional at sleeping - he has fallen asleep standing up in a crowded P-Funk concert surrounded by raucous partiers. And he has stayed asleep during about a million nights of baby yelling 2 feet from his ear and wife asking him to get the baby this time. It also comes from his being utterly sleep-deprived as a matter of course - I've never known him to willingly fall asleep before 1 am.

lovebebes
01-12-2011, 04:30 AM
and he has stayed asleep during about a million nights of baby yelling 2 feet from his ear and wife asking him to get the baby this time.

:rotflmao:

Kitten007
01-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Drawing/Painting/etc...... I always wanted to be a Disney animator and started going to school for it. Hopefully once the kids are older I can go back and finish what I started.

Momit
01-12-2011, 06:25 AM
I kick butt doing "Humdingers" in the game Cranium.

Melaine
01-12-2011, 07:57 AM

:rotflmao: and :yeahthat:

MichelleRC
01-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Well, I am a good speller and baker, but I wanted to come up with something no one mentioned yet.
I am really good at identifying voices. Like figuring out which actor is doing the voiceover in the car commercial or animated film.

Corie
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Organization! I have awesome organizational skills. I have many friends who ask me for help in organizing their home.

Melaine
01-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Organization! I have awesome organizational skills. I have many friends who ask me for help in organizing their home.

do you travel? I will write for you!

Meatball Mommie
01-12-2011, 09:14 AM

:yeahthat: I laughed out loud when I read this!!! I'm thinking the same thing after reading all the posts!

My thing is kind of lame: I am the most well-rounded person I know. I will try anything (minus bungee jumping or sky diving) once. I can do most things well, but I'm not fabulous at anything. I have had a lot of hobbies over the years(scrapbooking, needlepoint, cross stitch, quilting, knitting, crocheting, sewing apparel, quilting, baking bread, home canning, gardening, calligraphy, photography, woodworking, painting...the list goes on) and not just for a "try" - I have gotten very involved in them, but then I move on ;). I am good at all of them, but not amazing. I even won the award in high school for being the "Most Well-Rounded Student".

So that's my skill ;)

That, and I remember names so well, it's almost embarrassing - like remembering the names of my entire 1st grade class or people I've only met once - I think other people think I'm weird for remembering since most people are bad with names.

mamicka
01-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Thought of one. Caulking. I'm really good at this, but I hate it.

Puddy73
01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
After 10 plus years as a commercial finance attorney, I never ever thought I would say this but . . . criminal defense work. I recently convinced a judge to suppress a federal wiretap, which is pretty darn rare in our district.

Fun thread!!!

Puddy73
01-12-2011, 10:16 AM

How cool!

Puddy73
01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Finding my way back to a place I have only been once. I chalk this up to a very good sense of direction and a weird ability to remember details.

I so wish that I had this talent. I couldn't navigate my way out of a paper bag.

Twoboos
01-12-2011, 10:20 AM

I can do this, too!! (Left, though). I practiced and practiced b/c Hope on Days of Our Lives can do it. She has a mean one-eyebrow-raise. :D I wish I could do it with the other eyebrow, too. That would be the BEST.

daisymommy
01-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Remembering whatever I have read. I don't have photographic memory, as in I can't "see" it in my head, but I can remember pretty much any detail, statistic, etc. that I read. Same goes for what people say, including their name.

wimama
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I am still pretty good figure skater even though I haven't much in the last ten years. I started skating in 9th grade and then continued through college and up till I went off to professional school. It is weird, when I go back and skate sometimes I can still land a Axel or some of my harder double jumps, because my body still remembers how to do it. But just the first time or two I try the jumps. It is weird. I haven't been skating since having m son, I am quite a few pounds heavier now. And I am skeptical on my ability to haul all this extra weight into the air.

I would love to get back into adult competitions again. They were fun and pretty laid back. I am perfectionist though, and if I don't practice enough I can't do all the jumps and spins the way I want to and it ticks me off. So, I am waiting until I have more time to commit to the sport again.

Awesome!

momm
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Quick comebacks.

BOY! I wish I had this skill. Usually my comebacks come to me after two hours. After a lot of stewing on my own :p

My skill - I write well and clearly. Both at profession, fiction and poetry, and generally. (Well or so people have told me.)

KDsMommy
01-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm very good at understanding people when English is not their first language. I attribute this to growing up in Northern California and being exposed to many different cultures. Many of my friends were first gen Americans. I'm also really good at picking up languages and speaking with the proper accent.

liz
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I can remember phone numbers (random ones- like the phone number to BJs).

Also, as PP mentioned, can raise one eyebrow, have a really good sense of direction, quick comebacks and can understand people who speak English as a second language easily (get lots of practice at work).

I am really impressed with some PP skills!!

crayonblue
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't think I am GREAT at anything but I can take pretty good pictures and I am a pretty good cook.

weech
01-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Organizing, planning (weekly meals, travel, parties, etc), and packing. I have a very strange affinity for packing.

boolady
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Hmmm. The things I thought of right off the bat-- writing, cooking and quick comebacks--were already taken. I'll go with able to remember every word of everything DH has ever said to me so that I can recall it and regurgitate it when useful, because I know that's what he'd say I'm really good at!:rotflmao:

twowhat?
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Pictionary.

I'm not a great artist. But I can produce fast drawings that are quickly and easily recognizable.

I wish I had a more useful talent. Oops, should I not have said "talent"? I mean...I wish my mom had forced me to become good enough at a particular skill that would actually be useful in life. Like, um....swimming.

AnnieW625
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM
I have a really amazing memory.

I also think I am a good impromptu cook; as much as I love my cookbooks, I really enjoy the times where I just throw stuff together.

mickminmom
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Meatball Mommie...
That, and I remember names so well, it's almost embarrassing - like remembering the names of my entire 1st grade class or people I've only met once - I think other people think I'm weird for remembering since most people are bad with names.[/QUOTE]

Me too!! Names of random people....I remember birthdays of elementary classmates, AAH! I don't want to remember this stuff but it is just there. My mom is like this too. I totally agree that other people think this is very weird so I won't tell them that I already know them and that their birthday is on such and such day!

I always wished I could figure out how to make money on this weird talent!

jse107
01-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Public speaking and being verbally articulate. I think I'm pretty good at sounding smarter than i am! :)

zoestargrove
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I can throw a football like a quarterback. (just one of the reasons DH thought I was THE one.)

m448
01-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Good to know I'm not the only great repository of random facts. I can't tell you when my next appointment is without the calendar but by golly I can give you the pin number for every debit card I've had since college.

GonnaBeNana
01-12-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm a great tax advisor!

Beth

fumofu
01-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm good at explaining things.

When I was in grad school and I TA'ed intro to biology, a lot of my students appreciated that I was patient with them and explained concepts to them from the very basics.

Little did they know I just assumed they knew nothing and had to start from the very beginning just so I didn't need to backtrack. But then again, it worked!

pastrygirl
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I make great desserts/cookies/cakes (though I don't decorate). They just taste really good. :)

mom2ethan
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM

Before I even read your response this popped into my head as my talent. I kind of freak myself out at how well I can do it. I see something falling and next thing I know it's in my hand!

My son thinks my talent is unscrambling letters to make words. Every week he brings home a scrambled word that he has to use the letters in to spell other words. They find out the scrambled word in class so he always tests me. I can usually get it right when I look at it. I've actually had other moms call me to ask what the scrambled word is when they can't get it (and DC has forgotten)!

lizzywednesday
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Besides whining, which I have been doing a lot of lately, I don't have much.

Though I do have the random facts market cornered on some days, along with serving as my Dad's social calendar. The man is incapable of remembering any birthdays or anniversaries - aside from my birthday, he can reliably remember his own birthday, but not much else - without a nudge or three from me.

newg
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
I was pretty good at tennis, though I haven't played much since the DDs arrived.

I'm pretty crafty too......mostly jewelry and hair bows/headbands at the moment.

and I'm good at finding "lost things" (as Tinkerbell would say)....especially DH's lost things!

karstmama
01-12-2011, 09:09 PM
cave diving. i'm not the best by any stretch, but i'm very good.

Jeanne
01-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Driving. I have very quick reflexes.

Turning trash to treasure. I consider it a challenge and it's fun to amaze people with things.

kboyle
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
proof-reading

and i write a mean business letter

MamaKath
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Public speaking. I enjoy it, am good at it (with some prep but can handle occasional off the cuff though), and wish there was more opportunity to do it. I occassionnally still do through work or church, but not often anymore. Weird by most peoples standards lol!

peanut520
01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
i can decorate cookies that can pass for professionally done. i've been offer to seed money to start a cookie business.

i also am really good at coming up with recipes off the top of my head

todzwife
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Not much...but I sing really well. :)

pinkmomagain
01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Analyzing, editing, and critiquing.

And recently I've become a pretty good party-thrower!

Tondi G
01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
My sister says I make the best over-easy eggs... her fiance tried to challenge me once and my sister still said mine we're better! He always gets fancy trying to add goat cheese or scrambling with cheese ... sometimes simple is better.

My kids love the way I butter/dress their baked potatoes (they always ask me to fix theirs when Daddy tries) and the other day a friend of mine was commenting on how I used to make the best baked potatoes... LOL I guess I was "mothering" my friends before I actually had kids!

My Hubby loves my stuffed peppers.

Other than that... I don't know.

oneplustwo
01-12-2011, 10:06 PM
According to DD, I am "famous" for my chocolate cake. :)

But I think my one true talent is finding my way around places without a map. Plunk me down in Venice, have me wander around doing touristy stuff with a friend, then ask me, "Hey, remember that shop with the big red vase in it that we walked by the other day? I wonder if we can find it again." I could always navigate my way back to those places and never get lost. It works pretty well hiking around on unmarked trails too. But I can only do it when on foot. Put me in a car and I have no sense of direction.

ABO Mama
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I can do the eyebrow thing too.

I can also touch my toungue to the tip of my nose. My DS's are very impressed with this "talent".

Cam&Clay
01-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I can also touch my toungue to the tip of my nose. My DS's are very impressed with this "talent".

I can do that, too! DH thinks it's super cool!

c&j04
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
DH thinks it's freaky how I can put a date on anything out of the past by relating it to what I/we were doing then.

baymom
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I consider myself really crafty. Aside from hair bows for DD, I taught myself how to quilt (made 2 that I get complimented on a lot), can sew dresses without a pattern and can generally go to a craft fair and see something I like and replicate it at home myself. It's my way of relaxing.

sunnyside
01-21-2011, 02:29 AM
I just realized I didn't thank you guys for your applause for my trick. :)

I really miss the Circus Center in SF! I highly recommend going if you are ever there or live there. I spent like 7 or 8 years going there 1 to 5 times a week depending on the year. I was a total circus junkie.

I'm really impressed with so many of your talents. I have so many useless skills that I really love that I can do, but do with I was super organized or a good cook. Maybe this year I can learn something useful LOL.

:bighand: How fun!

wow!!!:applause:

mishka, that trapeze performance is amazing! I know exactly where the Circus Center is!

How cool!

Awesome!

melonpan
01-21-2011, 02:58 AM
i can xerox with a pencil whatever i see.

but i cannot come up with drawings on my own. i must be able to see it.

i would prefer that i have singing ability, though, which i dont.

Fairy
01-21-2011, 03:05 AM

Don't think for one minute that I won't be PM'ing you.

:ROTFLMAO: I do this all day long, not always AWESOME at it though when it comes to pivots and macros...

That goes for you, too.

Fairy
01-21-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm a very good mimic. I remember being six years old and doing Edith Bunker and the Shake & Bake commercial for my first grade class. Not sure how good I was then, but it started early. DS gives me random people/puppets to do, and some are great, others not so much, but overall, I impress even myself. The ones I feel I'm best at today are Elmo (when it's really on, I've been told it's perfect), an elephant, a cat, my mother ;), and Dana Carvey doing George Bush.

Mishkamishka? WOW.

Fairy
01-21-2011, 03:08 AM
I type faster than anyone I know! I even won an award for it in high school.

Are you the chick who beat me, forcing me to come in second? I was obsessed with your speed, dammit, constantly chasing your best time. Hrmph.