PDA

View Full Version : S/O Lululemon Alterations

ilfaith
01-12-2011, 12:45 AM
So based on the positive reviews in the Yoga Pants thread I am considering investing in a pair of Lululemon Yoga Pants (an upgrade from my usual Target ones).

My question is whether anyone has ever had the store do alterations on the pants. I'm only 5'2" so I imagine their regular length will be too long for me. But I notice that many of the styles have a boot cut leg. My concern is that when the pants are hemmed to fit, they will look odd because they will start flaring at mid-calf. (This is also the reason that I can only buy actual petite jeans, rather than getting regular jeans hemmed.) Are there styles that are more flattering to petite gals, or which will better lend themselves to being shortened.

Any advice?

elektra
01-12-2011, 12:53 AM
I got the longs and had them hemmed and i don't think they look weird. I love my lululemon pants!

kozachka
01-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Alterations are free, even on sale pants. Sorry, I can't help you with what styles are good for petites since I am 5'7". IMHO their pants run long since I am not a short person, some might even say on the tall end of average, and still had to have them shortened. If nobody chimes in with advice, I'd call the store/Lululemon customer service during the day and ask them for advice.

jerigirl
01-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I am 5'2'' as well and I bought a pair of long Groove pants on a great sale and had them hemmed. I don't think they look odd.

Lupe
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi,
I am a lululemon fan and addict (my addiction is on hold since I don't fit in a lot of their stuff at 34 weeks, although the still pants are the best pregnancy pants ever!). Although I am 5'7", my legs are long so sometimes I get the tall size and hem them and they always look great. I have a friend that is 5'1" or so, and she loves the fact that is the only place she can get the pants how she likes them, she usually gets the groove pants on regular and hem them. The flare of the groove is not that big, but it is pretty tight on the butt. If you don't like that you may want the still pant, but it may swallow you since you are petite, so I will recommend the groove pant. Unless there is detail on the bottom, like a drawstring, it will not be an issue to hem any of the styles. You can also get it hemmed again if you want (even a year later), so be conservative at first . It does help to befriend the staff!!

I recommend you go and try a couple of styles on anyway, and you can also ask the sales person to fake hem them with pins so you can walk around and see how it looks. Their pants are expensive but last forever! and make your butt look fab

:heartbeat: lulu!