PDA

View Full Version : iphone finally on verizon

calv
01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
so nobody posted about it? ;) http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

avaiable as of 2/11/1//

SnuggleBuggles
01-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I was just reading (skimming, really) about whether it was a good one to bu. The article I read said to just wait till the summer if you could. The summer release should be better.

Beth

amldaley
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
That is the best news I have heard all day! I had made the decision to switch to Verizon anyway, iPhone or not. My AT &T contract expires at the end of this month.

AT&T service is, quite frankly, terrible. Their customer service is great but their coverage is spotty where we are and at least once a week, I can't make a call due to "all channels busy" "all circuits busy" "system busy" or any number of random error codes.

calv
01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I have a droid, through verizon. wonder what promos they'll have, if any, w/the iphone. don't really want to pay $200 for a phone.

wellyes
01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Kind of a half-announcement only so far since they haven't said what pricing will be for data plans. Rumor has it they'll have an unlimited data plan for $30 but who knows.

One thing I'm excited about ---- the Verizon iPhone will also be a mobile hotspot. I think that means that my Verizon iPhone can make my wifi-only iPad have internet access anywhere, which would rock.

o_mom
01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
That is the best news I have heard all day! I had made the decision to switch to Verizon anyway, iPhone or not. My AT &T contract expires at the end of this month.

AT&T service is, quite frankly, terrible. Their customer service is great but their coverage is spotty where we are and at least once a week, I can't make a call due to "all channels busy" "all circuits busy" "system busy" or any number of random error codes.

Did you see the Daily Show bit on this?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-11-2011/verizon-iphone-announcement

I was cracking up because the people they interviewed... that has pretty much been our experience with ATT, lol.

larig
01-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Kind of a half-announcement only so far since they haven't said what pricing will be for data plans. Rumor has it they'll have an unlimited data plan for $30 but who knows.

One thing I'm excited about ---- the Verizon iPhone will also be a mobile hotspot. I think that means that my Verizon iPhone can make my wifi-only iPad have internet access anywhere, which would rock.

apparently at&t is considering the hotspot thing too. the iOS will have it built in, so the carriers will just have to enable it. People were uncertain (Andy Ihnatko & Leo Laporte) if there would be a cap or not. (in other words, they're not sure if they truly mean unlimited when it comes to the hotspot or not).
http://multi-screen.info/2011/01/andy-reports-on-verizon-iphone/

AnnieW625
01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I was just reading (skimming, really) about whether it was a good one to bu. The article I read said to just wait till the summer if you could. The summer release should be better.

Beth

I am pretty excited and signed up at Verizon to get a chance a pre ordering, but yeah I am kind of thinking of waiting until the second release because they can get all of the bugs out that way.

Verizon already has a data plan available for $29.99 so unless they were complete jerks I can't see them not doing it for the Iphone too (they'd lose business if they didn't IMHO). Hopefully my 25% off data plan discount that I get through my work (which makes the unlimited data plan only $23.99 per month:thumbsup:)) will work on the Iphone too:praying:.

amldaley
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Did you see the Daily Show bit on this?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-11-2011/verizon-iphone-announcement

I was cracking up because the people they interviewed... that has pretty much been our experience with ATT, lol.

I have had a really crappy day so far and this made me laugh my head off. I can't stop smiling! THANK YOU for sharing! :rotflmao: