PDA

View Full Version : Storing portraits??

jgenie
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I have several envelopes with DC portraits from Sears / JCP sessions. I'm looking for ideas to store these long term. I have some of the pictures in frames to display but trying to figure out the best way to store the extras. I generally buy an 8 x 10 to put away for each DC. TIA for your ideas.

zag95
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
How about putting them into a scrapbook? You could do one book for each kiddo. Just look for one that is acid and lignan free or photo safe.

jvs195
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I bought some archival quality boxes from exposures. I got a medium art file for each DC and just slip in things that I don't have time to scrapbook so they are in one place. The boxes are nice enough I have them on a shelf in the family room. Here are a variety of colors:

http://www.exposuresonline.com/ExposuresOnline/Browsing/Category.aspx?CID=Photo+Storage&SCID=Art+Files

tiapam
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I like the Felicity albums from Exposures. Gorgeous colors and pretty reasonably priced. I buy the photo sleeves from there too. I have one album for each child.

katydid1971
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I have an album where I put the 8x10s for each child labeled with their age. Then I put the extra pictures in a storage box filed in regular envelopes with the age of the pictures listed. The album is fun. The kids like to pull it out and look at themselves at the different ages. I got the idea from MIL who did albums like that for each of her kids. It is nice because it really shows the change from year to year because you don't have anything else going on in the album if that makes sense.

Dream
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I like the Felicity albums from Exposures. Gorgeous colors and pretty reasonably priced. I buy the photo sleeves from there too. I have one album for each child.

DD1 doesn't have an album yet, so far we're keeping everything in a disc but its high time I prepare an album for her.

I liked the look of the Felicity albums, are there sleeves in each page to insert the pictures? What kind of sleeves do you buy from them and do you use it store pictures that doesn't go into the album?

amldaley
01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
This is what I have been eyeballing....

http://www.archivalmethods.com/Product.cfm?Productid=132&categoryid=45

tiapam
01-25-2011, 04:15 PM
DD1 doesn't have an album yet, so far we're keeping everything in a disc but its high time I prepare an album for her.

I liked the look of the Felicity albums, are there sleeves in each page to insert the pictures? What kind of sleeves do you buy from them and do you use it store pictures that doesn't go into the album?

Sorry just saw this now! There is one (or more if not 8x10 of course) sleeve so you can put two pics back to back or put just one per sleeve.
I put all sizes of portraits in the album, so I have bought 8x10, 5x7, 4x6, etc. I just get the basics, as I know I won't be good about doing labels or memos. I write on the back of the photo.

All of their 3 ring photo pages should work:

http://www.exposuresonline.com/ExposuresOnline/Browsing/Category.aspx?CID=Photo+Albums&SCID=Photo+Pages+-+3-Ring&SiteNum=0&pageIndex=1&sortBy=Popularity%20DESC&TabNum=0

Just a general FYI, I have an extra capacity album for some other pics and I regret getting that one as it is so big. The Felicity seems just right for a child's portrait album. I also put various little certificates, etc. in there for now.