PDA

View Full Version : About REI Garage Sales?

Mrs.Christie
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I think it was Curiousgeorge who posted about getting an awesome deal on a Bob duallie at one of the REI garage sales so now I'm interested. There are two smaller stores near me that have garage sales on the same day this month. Do you think if I call the stores they would tell me if they have any double strollers for the sale? I would hate to wait in line only to find out they don't have any. Also, how early do people line up? Thanks!

lmr1101
01-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure where you're located, but at the store by me I always see people lined up at least 4-5 hours before the store opens. I don't know for sure, but some may even be sleeping out there overnight.
The only way I know that is when I go out for my EARLY morning weekend jogs the day of the sale people are always lined up around the entire store and I'm out there running at least 2-3 hours before the store even opens.

Mrs.Christie
01-12-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure where you're located, but at the store by me I always see people lined up at least 4-5 hours before the store opens. I don't know for sure, but some may even be sleeping out there overnight.
The only way I know that is when I go out for my EARLY morning weekend jogs the day of the sale people are always lined up around the entire store and I'm out there running at least 2-3 hours before the store even opens.

Wow, people get there that early! I was planning on something like 30 min early, but no way will be there hours early.

turtledove
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Is their attic sale the same as the garage sale? The REI near me is having an attic sale later this month.

curiousgeorge
01-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes, it was me who posted about the REI Garage Sale. It was back at the beginning of October that I got the Bob Duallie. It was returned because someone's son refused to ride in it and there was nothing that we could see wrong with it other than one small scratch on the frame. It honestly didn't even look like it had been used outside. The price on it was $193 before tax. What a deal!!

As for the line...yes, there was a LONG line when we got there. We arrived about 10 minutes before the sale opened and there were easily 100 people in line in front of us. The sales associate I talked to said that people camp out overnight although they are discouraged from doing so. I guess we just got lucky and none of those people were looking for a stroller.

When I asked two days before the sale if they were going to have any strollers, the sales person told me they never knew what would be available and I'd just have to come check it out in person.

Good luck! Let us know if you find one!

SnuggleBuggles
01-12-2011, 08:37 PM
One of the ones near me is in an area where there are some bars and other nightlife. A sales' associate told me that a lot of people go straight from the bars, which close at 2am, to wait in line. So, yeah, long line.

Beth

pampers37
01-13-2011, 03:05 PM
One of the ones near me is in an area where there are some bars and other nightlife. A sales' associate told me that a lot of people go straight from the bars, which close at 2am, to wait in line. So, yeah, long line.

Beth

lol haha

pampers37
01-13-2011, 03:08 PM
just called the schaumburg, il one and they said every 3 months, march, june, september, december.

strollerqueen
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM

Beth

OK, that's just BIZARRE! "What do you want to do tonight?" "I dunno', how 'bout let's get drunk and sleep on the sidewalk in front of REI"? :banana:

Melanie
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM
What do you think they are buying that it's worth sleeping in line for!? How GOOD of a deal must it be and how much must you need it!? I thought about going to ours until I heard about the camping overnight thing. I don't like to go to picked-over sales, I never have luck to find stuff and I wasn't going to wait in line that long!