PDA

View Full Version : Deal on Fun Socks for Goodie Bags

lmr1101
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just booked my DD's 2nd birthday party at an indoor play facility... and since it is a shoe-free facility I thought it would be cute to give out socks instead of goodie bags.
I want to find fun/funky/cute socks for the kids. Right now we're inviting 8 kids, about 5 girls/3 boys.

Any ideas where to look for not your typical everyday socks???

lilhilly
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
They always (or almost always) have character socks at the Target dollar spot. I've seen Dr. Seuss many times, but also Dora, Cars, Hot Wheels, Disney fairies and princesses, etc. And of course they're only $1 per pair.

Babymakes3
01-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Yup I was going to say Targets Dollar Spot too! I bought ds a pair with TS aliens and a pair with Cars Mater on them for his stocking. I think I saw Valentine socks the other day too.

wifecat
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
www.littlemismatched.com has really fun socks!

neeleymartin
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
dollar store?

sewarsh
01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
i don't have suggestions, but think thats a great idea!

lmr1101
01-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks for those ideas... I didn't even think of the Target dollar spot and that's usually my first stop every time I go in the store!

Now... what about for the adults... if I can find socks cheap enough maybe I'll splurge and get some for all of them too since they also will have to take off their shoes. Since the kids are still young I'm figuring 2 adults per kid so about 20-25 adults including my family -- Seriously how does a "small" party get so big :banghead:

diamond
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
what kind of place is this? my dd will be 2 end of feb and we will have to have a party for her indoors as well. so looking for ideas. do they have fun/activities for 2 year old crowd? also how much does it cost? ty

lmr1101
01-12-2011, 05:17 PM
It's just a big space with lots of playhouses... fun for kids under about 8 years old. There are no planned activities during the party just about 1-1.5 hours of free play time and then 1/2 hour for food/cake.
Here's the link www.imaginationavenue.us

diamond... are you in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? If not, I would just do a search in your area for either drop-off daycares or something similar. By doing that search I found a few options.
Prices start around $150 for the party... pretty good to not have to worry about cleaning our house or reserving a park like we did last year.

emschwar
01-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks for those ideas... I didn't even think of the Target dollar spot and that's usually my first stop every time I go in the store!

Now... what about for the adults... if I can find socks cheap enough maybe I'll splurge and get some for all of them too since they also will have to take off their shoes. Since the kids are still young I'm figuring 2 adults per kid so about 20-25 adults including my family -- Seriously how does a "small" party get so big :banghead:

Walmart has fun women's socks for $1.50/pair.

mnosky1
01-13-2011, 01:38 PM
When we've been to these parties, the invite always says- all participants must wear socks (including parents) but I still think people forget - especially in summer, so this is a cute idea. For adults, I would vote for just a bag of white athletic socks for men and women (2 styles) and not hand them out as favors but have them there in case anyone needs socks. I forgot socks once (i didn't think dd would want me to go in with her but she did) and I was grateful my friend had brought parent socks! I like Target for adult socks - I am not a fan of "cute" adult socks and DH is definitely not a fan of them!

groundhog74
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I just got very cute cupcake socks at the Target $1 section. They had other ones too.

houseof3boys
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
When my son was turning 3 and we did his party at a bounce house, we bought packages of white socks and tie dyed them orange! We are not crafty, but DH helped and we put quarters in the socks and used rubber bands and then just used some orange dye and did it in a big huge galvanized container and they came out great. We used those socks for a good two years afterwards too since we did so many of them and did two sizes for smaller and bigger kids. :-) They all looked so cute in the matching socks running around the place too.

bandklangley
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
www.littlemismatched.com has really fun socks!

love this site and great quality socks!

Free shipping today only with the code NEWSHIP

Tenasparkl
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I found lots of cute socks recently for $1 a pair at Party City - Toy Story, princesses, Dora, Cars etc.

neeleymartin
01-13-2011, 09:02 PM
When my son was turning 3 and we did his party at a bounce house, we bought packages of white socks and tie dyed them orange! We are not crafty, but DH helped and we put quarters in the socks and used rubber bands and then just used some orange dye and did it in a big huge galvanized container and they came out great. We used those socks for a good two years afterwards too since we did so many of them and did two sizes for smaller and bigger kids. :-) They all looked so cute in the matching socks running around the place too.

what a super smart idea. i love this. great thinking.

diamond
01-14-2011, 02:43 AM
It's just a big space with lots of playhouses... fun for kids under about 8 years old. There are no planned activities during the party just about 1-1.5 hours of free play time and then 1/2 hour for food/cake.
Here's the link www.imaginationavenue.us

diamond... are you in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? If not, I would just do a search in your area for either drop-off daycares or something similar. By doing that search I found a few options.
Prices start around $150 for the party... pretty good to not have to worry about cleaning our house or reserving a park like we did last year.

thankyou for the info. i am not in phoenix area but on the east coast, but will find out about other options. ty