PDA

View Full Version : If you had merch. credit at BR, Gap, ON, B&N, & Kohls, what would you buy?

ourbabygirl
01-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Just returned some Christmas gifts (that were duplicates or didn't fit) from these stores, so I'd like to make the best use of the credit (around $90, $50, $20, $15, & $35)... any suggestions? I'm so used to buying cheaper clothes from consignment sales & places like Target, so everything seems overpriced at BR & GapKids... :)
What do you/ would buy at these stores? Also, if you were getting a baby gift, would you rather get it from Gap, ON, B&N, or Kohls? I'll include a gift receipt, of course...

Thanks for your help!

sariana
01-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Sorry, what is BR?

I don't shop at any of those stores except Kohl's, so I'm really no help. I likely would get something basic that would rotate in well with what I already have or something like a jacket that can be used often in a variety of circumstances (and of which we never seem to have enough). But if I saw something totally cute that I wouldn't normally buy, I might splurge because it was, after all, a gift in the first place.

For example, for DS I would look for a jacket or other top. Most pants don't fit him well, so unless it was Gymboree or Carter's, that's a no-go. DD would be easier. I would look for something like a cute denim skirt or colored leggings because she is becoming a girly-girl and loves dresses but also loves to crawl, climb, and tumble.

I personally would prefer a gift from Kohl's because it is the most convenient for me (in case I needed to return/exchange). I suggest looking to see what is closest to the recipient. I have received GCs for stores that I love but that are not anywhere near me. Then I have to make a special trip and feel rushed to use the GC, since I likely won't be going there again anytime soon.

mshen
01-13-2011, 02:19 AM
I don't shop at kohls, I'm a target person. So I'd rather receive gift from gap or b&n. I like gap clothes for the kids. ON is good for play clothes imo. I buy there too.

BR for yourself, a nice top. Maybe a cardigan. Gap, some cute outfit or pj/unders. B & N book or a small toy. Though I find them over priced most of the time.

tropicalmom
01-13-2011, 02:30 AM
i love the belts i got myself from BR. Since it's credit you might want to subscribe to their mailing list and wait until they have a sale and then use it so it goes further. i only buy from BR when they have a sale and i get a coupon alert.

AJP
01-13-2011, 06:42 AM
I would love a baby gift from any of those stores but Gap is my personal fave for kids/baby stuff. They have a 40% off sale (in store only) on Friday 1/14 and Saturday 1/15...there should be a coupon floating around somewhere. They are also having a B1G1 that starts today through the w/e (I think) but they mailed the coupon flyer for that so I doubt there is one online.
Here's a link brgnmom posted above for the coupon...thanks, I knew I'd find one and thats why I love it here! http://gap.m.delivery.net/w/webView?cid=18733349738&mid=1860542257&pid=872264&vid=3&ee=bWljaGVsbGV5LmNob25nQHlhaG9vLmNvbQ__&si=&mv=H&bv=H&oc=H&sc=&k=1kvPyn

wellyes
01-13-2011, 08:14 AM
BR is Banana Republic, right? Any credit at BR, Gap & ON can be used interchangeably at any of those stores. Use them all at whatever store you like best. Or at least that's how it works with gift cards. You can also use them for Piperlime & Athleta.

I got a gift card for $100 at Gap and I didn't know what on earth to do with it. Ended up spending it on boxers for DH (BR), hat and gloves for DS, and some dresses for DD that are silly but she loves - pink tulle.

$15 I would spend in the Cafe at B&N getting lattes.

Also, if you were getting a baby gift, would you rather get it from Gap, ON, B&N, or Kohls? I'll include a gift receipt, of course...

I vote B&N. New babies always have too many clothes and not enough books. Plus the mom can return it to get herself something nice. Anyway, Gap is too frilly for me and ON/Kohls too bargain (for a gift).