PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Steak Seasoning for a Bloody Mary?

Corie
01-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I was watching Iron Chef last night and the chef used Montreal
Steak Seasoning on the glass rim for a Bloody Mary. He is from Montreal and he said everyone makes it this way.

My husband LOVES Bloody Marys. I'd love to buy this Montreal
Steak Seasoning. Is it only sold in Canada? Is it available online?

Also, if you have any other awesome Bloody Mary recipe secrets,
please share.

Thanks!!

tylersmama
01-13-2011, 10:47 AM
McCormick sells a Montreal steak blend in the regular grocery store, afaik. :)

maydaymommy
01-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Just used it last night on steak! Available in grocery stores.

Maybe this isn't what you're looking for, but it would be worth a try:

McCormick
Grill Mates
Montreal Steak

I used the reduced sodium version and it has a nice little kick, however, there is also a spicy version of the same stuff.

Bloody Mary! Yum!
Bad sign to be lusting for a cocktail this early?

designermv
01-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Old Bay on the rim is the best.thing.ever. Garnish with garlic-stuffed olive. Delicious! I love bloodies.

Edited to add:
This is possibly the best Bloody Mary mix I've ever had. It's new(ish) so not that widely available, but if you see it, grab some. It's perfect!
http://callahansclassic.net/

ohiomom1121
01-13-2011, 10:58 AM
McCormick sells a Montreal steak blend in the regular grocery store, afaik. :)
Yes and it's great on steaks but can't imagine it on a bloody mary rim but who knows? I had a bloody mary at an Indians game and they put seasoned salt and a shrimp on them and they were yummy!!

ohiomom1121
01-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Old Bay on the rim is the best.thing.ever. Garnish with garlic-stuffed olive. Delicious! I love bloodies.

Edited to add:
This is possibly the best Bloody Mary mix I've ever had. It's new(ish) so not that widely available, but if you see it, grab some. It's perfect!
Old Bay sounds great...I'll have to try that!

cvanbrunt
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM
We have the giant economy size of the Montreal seasoning. Fantastic on a grilled steak. Will be trying on a Bloody Mary tonight!

Corie
01-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Edited to add:

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be looking for it!

lizzywednesday
01-13-2011, 01:41 PM

Bloody Mary! Yum!
Bad sign to be lusting for a cocktail this early?

I see nothing wrong with it; Bloody Marys/Marias are brunch cocktails IMO. Seeing as how you posted at 10am (my time anyway), and brunch can be around 10am... it's not early.

mom2binsd
01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
A lot of Canadians don't drink Blood Mary's but rather Bloody Caesars....use Clamato Juice instead of Tomato juice, they are awesome!

Corie
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
A lot of Canadians don't drink Blood Mary's but rather Bloody Caesars....use Clamato Juice instead of Tomato juice, they are awesome!

That could have been what the chef made. I'm pretty sure
he was from Canada.

I did google the Montreal Steak Seasoning usage for a Bloody Mary
though and it does look like people use it on the rim of the glass.
I think my DH would love it!