PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend Sit N Stand Plus double stroller

Ladybug47
01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
My kids will be 18 months apart and we'll be using a Graco Snugride car seat for the little one. It looks like the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Plus double stroller will be the best fit for us, so that the baby can be in the front in a car seat and our 18-month-old can either sit strapped in or maybe sit on the little seat once we can trust him to stay put during stroller trips. Does anyone have experience using this stroller? Do you like it?

Also, we like the Silverado (silver and red) color, but it seems to be out of stock or unavailable on a lot of shopping sites. Does anyone know if that model is being discontinued or something, or if maybe it's just sold out because it's the more popular of the two color options?

Any advice would be much appreciated! It will be a potential gift idea for my birthday, which is coming up in two weeks, so my parents and parents-in-law are doing their shopping now in preparation. :)

jacksmoma
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
personally i'd go with a side by side stroller for those ages...maybe the baby jogger city mini? it is the best lightweight double if you only want one double :)

SuperstarNanna
01-13-2011, 02:08 PM
My first 2 kids are 18 months apart and we got this stroller for the practicality purposes you mentioned. We could snap the Graco Snugride for the baby into it and our oldest used the other seat until he was just a bit older than 2 and then we removed that seat and he uses the bench. In theory, it's a great solution. In practice, it's a BEAST to push, it's hard to steer, it's heavy and awkward to manage in and out of the back of our SUV, it's wheelbase it stupid long, the basket is tough to access and really isn't all that big, and the canopy ratcheting mechanism is beyond annoying (and resulted in one of our canopies getting broken when I pushed on it too hard one day in a temper tantrum over it not working).

My honest opinion? Skip this stroller and get yourself a good quality side-by-side like the PP suggested. We are expecting #3 and are selling our Sit N Stand and getting a BJCMD.

strollerqueen
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Not to mention that they have declared bankruptcy, so who knows how long they will be around. I like the Joovy versions a lot better, especially the Ultralight.

strollerqueen
01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=jacksmoma;2997843]personally i'd go with a side by side stroller for those ages...maybe the baby jogger city mini? it is the best lightweight double if you only want one double :)[

ITA!:thumbsup: I just double-checked the ages of your LO's. That young, a true double would be best. Besides the BJCM, in that genre I like the Zooper Tango, Valco Latitude, and Valco Ion doubles.

lorinick
01-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Just to add I think what all pp said is correct. I'm not a fan of anything Baby Trend and won't be sad to see them go. Love the side by side's much better. If I were in the same situation I would go with the BJCMD.

roseyloxs
01-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think BabyTrend is going anywhere. I had no idea they filed for bankruptcy. I googled (http://daddytypes.com/2009/07/27/judge_joovy_baby_trend_angles_for_bankruptcy_after _court_smackdowns.php) it and apparently there is a bit more drama to it. The Joovy guy used to work for BabyTrend!!! Anyways sounds like they just filed for bankruptcy so they won't have to pay the Joovy guy. Typical.

My first stroller was a baby trend travel system and it was great for what it was. I loved the car seat and it served me well for my first two kids. All that being said an 18 month old is much too young for a sit and stand. Do yourself a favor and get the BJCMD. Its on sale at amazon right now. Its worth the price, you will be much happier.