PDA

View Full Version : How often do you vacuum and mop?

TwoBees
01-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Every day? Every week? And what percent of your house is carpet vs. hard floor/tile/linoleum?

jvs195
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
never enough.
70% carpeted
Vacuum at least weekly whole house, spot as needed.
Kitchen floor worst offender, sweep/swiffer wet mop couple times a week and heavy duty (get out the Hoover Floor Mop machine) every couple of weeks. (or when company is coming)

lowrioh
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Almost never....my cleaner comes in every two weeks and does it for me. If it gets too bad then my DH will vacuum.

hillview
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
My cleaning person sweeps and mops and vacuums every week. We sweep every day around the kitchen /dining room floor.
/hillary

edurnemk
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd say about 60-65% of our apartment has carpet (and I hate it). The rest is hardwood and tile.

Everything is vacuumed and mopped 3 times a week. But I have to confess I have a housekeeper come in 3 times a week... when living in the US I vacuum once a week, except the kitchen which get's swept and damp mopped almost daily, and the family room gets a light vacuum 2-3 times a week.

As of today I'm vacuuming DS's room daily for his allergies, though.

HonoluluMom
01-13-2011, 01:36 PM
All rooms except entryway, kitchen and 3 bathrooms are carpeted. The floors get thoroughly vacuumed and/or mopped at least once a week and are spot-cleaned throughout the week.

peanut520
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
entire 1st floor is hardwood and the upstairs and basement are carpet
vacuum the hardwood daily and mop 2-3x a week
vacuum upstairs at least once a week but usually 2x
downstairs is a home theater and that is dh's chore

smiles33
01-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Almost never....my cleaner comes in every two weeks and does it for me. If it gets too bad then my DH will vacuum.

:yeahthat: I probably should be damp-mopping the kitchen floor everyday as DD2 still drops food but our dog is pretty good about catching stuff. :bag

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2011, 03:19 PM
hardwoods, vinyl, area rugs - main rooms get vacuumed every other day. Housecleaner mops every other week.

SnuggleBuggles
01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Weekly, on average. Some rooms get neglected more than that and some rooms get more attention.

Things were getting vacuumed more till the Roomba broke. It is a repairable but I need dh to do it.

Beth

tiapam
01-13-2011, 03:49 PM

Pretty much the same here, except my DH would not vacuum unless I asked him to. I don't think our house looks too bad, but we don't have any pets and the first floor is all wood or tile. We usually have shoes off so that helps. I just spot clean when we drop food or something else that can't wait for the cleaners.

doberbrat
01-15-2011, 05:22 PM
100% hw floors w/a shedding machine
we vacuum 2x a day mopping is uh, way less frequent. ;)

elephantmeg
01-15-2011, 09:21 PM
we probably have 1/2 and 1/2-living room and bedrooms are carpet, everything else is tile. I mop every other week (and spot clean as needed), sweep and vacuum weekly. I sometimes do the bedrooms every other week

stinkyfeet
01-15-2011, 11:31 PM
We have 100% hardwood floors with two area rugs. The mAin level gets vacuumed and mopped almost every day (messy toddler), but the rest of the house gets vacuumed about once a week. We also have a cleaning lady come to the house every other week.

KrisM
01-15-2011, 11:44 PM
We have maybe 70% carpet, but probably 40% carpet in the main living areas.

I vacuum the family room every other day or so. I sweep the kitchen and dining room a couple times a day. I mop maybe once a week. The other rooms get vacuumed once every 1-2 weeks or so.

niccig
01-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Hardwood or tile for most of house, only family room and master have carpet. We have a long haired dog, and I should vacuum every day. I did it yesterday and it is already starting to look gross. I try to do the kitchen and family room a couple times a week, the rest of the house is vacuumed every 1-2 weeks, but only the cleaner does the hardwood floors with bona cleaner, she is here every other week.

Our next dog will be a non shedding poodle mix, just to save time on vacuuming.

salsah
01-16-2011, 03:23 AM
too often, yet not enough.

carpets (living room, bedrooms, hallway) are vacuumed every other week (when the cleaning people come).
i sweep the (tile) kitchen/dining area daily. i mop as needed. usually that means spot cleaning several times a day and doing the entire floor a couple of times per week.
the entry way and bathrooms are tile also but i only sweep those weekly.
sometimes, depending on the weather, i have to mop the entryway in between house cleanings. but that is usually just spot cleaning.