PDA

View Full Version : Got a BJCMD? Come in!

SuperstarNanna
01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
So, we're getting this stroller and I'm stalking online trying to find a good deal on a 2010.

As a seasoned user of this stroller, what options/add-ons would you recommend? My children right now are 3 years and 20 months old. Baby #3 is due in April. I imagine I'll want some kind of parent console. Belly bar? Snack tray? Something/nothing else?

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I have the BJ parent console on it, plus the sunshine kids caddy on it. I like that the top closes on the BJ one and it doesn't rock around like the SK. If it flips and my cell or a snack falls out, that's no fun... We also use drink tethers on both seats. I've wondered about the belly bar, but my hands are full and I like the big kids being able to climb in/out on their own w/o me having to maneuver around it. We do a mommy hook or stroller swivelers to hang bags between the canopy, but I don't feel it's totally steady w/o DC sitting in it.

I know you've already made your decision, but I'll tell you what I like putting on my Elite... The parent console on the Elite is amazing in terms of what it can hold. The fact that a 3rd kid CAN ride in the footwell or on the Valco board and I can still push it easily makes all the difference to me. When my 4yo and 3yo are in the Mini, it's a pain to push. When we needed a whole bag, the SH Dash clipped to the bars leading to the handlebars. On the mini there is a sign saying "don't hang bags here" so I don't really do it.

poohbear
01-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Here is a deal for you on a 2010:
goores.com had them for $320 with free shipping
http://www.goores.com/goores/product...741518DJAX9EQ8

I'm pm'ing you another deal as well...

twowhat?
01-13-2011, 02:56 PM
The only thing we added to our BJCMD was the belly bar, and I would definitely recommend it. We clip snack cups, toys, etc to it. And it was great when our babies were 4-5 months and would use it to pull themselves up to an upright sitting position.

Now they're 2 years old and have no trouble climbing in, even with the belly bar there - they use it to pull themselves up and then swing a leg over it, turn, and sit.