PDA

View Full Version : early pregnancy symptoms

Swallowbird23
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
What were your earliest signs of pregnancy and when did they show up?

I lost a pregnancy around 6 weeks not too long ago and we're trying again now. I'm in the 2 week waiting period (will probably wait to test the end of next week) and I think I'm starting to imagine symptoms just hoping and praying that I'm pregnant. I've had a very dull (to the point that I can almost forget about it but hurts when I think about it) headache behind my ears and the back of my head for a few days. I also had some stomach cramping but I could also chalk that up to having eaten broccoli yesterday. Because it's still the 2 week wait, I doubt these things mean that I am pregnant- seems like what I read, symptoms start a but later, but here's to wishful thinking....

edurnemk
01-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I started a thread about this like 2 months ago:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=377274&highlight=symptoms

Looking back on my first pregnancy the first symptoms began a few days before I expected my period, but I dismissed them as something else: fatigue, loss of appetite, then after a few days tenderness in my breasts, the need to pee every 5 minutes.

Swallowbird23
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Ahh, sorry about that! I will check out your other post. Thanks!

MoJo
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
I knew both times before the missed period/+ test. In fact, with DD#2 I was sure enough that I told my DH & mom that I thought I was before the +.

MommytoEliana
01-13-2011, 03:04 PM
With this one, about a week, maybe more, before AF was due I started becoming very fatigued. Way more than normal. And I just "felt" like I was pregnant. I tested several days before AF was due and got a very strong, very fast positive...so I was right! :-) Almost immediately I started feeling just "off"--not nauseated, just not feeling well. And my smell sensitivity hit within a day or two of the BFP, as well.

I hope you get good results soon!

BabyBearsMom
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I didn't notice a difference until 7 or 8 weeks along. Then I started feeling tired and sick to my stomach.

Myira
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
I am 5 weeks now and was in this mode just 2 weeks ago. I did start getting heartburn before I got a +ve hpt and that was my one clue. I also happened to notice implantation bleeding(more like spotting when I peed) around 6-7 dpo.
With my first though, my breasts changed dramatically overnight, since they probably increased a cup size right away.
I hope you get a bfp soon.

barkley1
01-13-2011, 08:57 PM
I could actually feel implantation - it was crampy, but just not quite the same as AF. That's about it. i'm 5weeks now and just feel sooooo tired.

mjs64
01-13-2011, 09:27 PM
My first symptom was sore breasts, like never before. They were so sore I "just knew" I was pregnant. And I was.

All my best to you. Hugs!

littlebird
01-13-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm 11 weeks, and with this pregnancy I had sort of a strange symptom in that my ears were bright red and felt very hot. My face and back of my neck also felt hot but without the redness. This happened twice, once about 5 days before I got a positive test and maybe the day before I took the test. I'd heard that this might be due to hormonal changes, but I don't remember this from when I was pregnant with DD or from either pregnancy I lost. During all of my pregnancies I had really strong cramping at the time AF should've started.

Sending P&PT your way for a positive test!

Momit
01-14-2011, 07:20 AM
I was really tired and had VERY sore boobs. I had to cover them with my arm in the shower. This was before I had even missed a period.

Good luck!

Swallowbird23
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone for all of the replies (and the link the the previous thread) I've been able to talk myself into the fact that these are most likely not pregnancy symptoms and more related to what I had eaten. Thanks!

fedoragirl
01-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I've had absolutely NO symptoms yet. (4 weeks)