PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller, Baby Jogger Summit or Joovy 360?

doodlesmama
01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I am asking for a new expectant mother friend of mine. She's looked at both, and read good reviews for both, but there is a decent price difference between the two and she doesn't know what to choose. What do you love/hate about either? Thanks!

Mrs.Christie
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't know about the joovy, but I ordered a BJ Summit XC double and returned it. Is she looking for a double or single? If double, the summit is very wide. Too wide for standard doorways. Also, the push on the summit is not as good as other all-terrain strollers IMO. That's the main reason I returned it. I expected a way better push. I found the BJ Elite has a better push, though still not as good as a Bob or MB.

golightly1118
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I have the Zoom, and I love it for the following reasons:
-It's super easy to steer; I've pushed it one-handed on snowy trails this winter.
-It comes with a rain canopy, tire pump and parent console, saving you money.
-The styling-I have the black one, and think it looks sleek. The red and blue are nice as well.

That said, this isn't my main stroller-I have a BJCM for everyday use and a Mac Triumph for light duty and travel. The Zoom is just used for outdoors-it's a bit of a beast to try to drag into a mall/shopping, although I think it could be done in a pinch-it's no more unwieldy than a double or a Bob Revo, and I see women pushing those around indoors all the time. Does she want this to be her one and only stroller, or just for outdoor use?

jacksmoma
01-13-2011, 05:39 PM
just a warning the summit is feakishly wide- just 2" narrower than most side by side doubles!!! that's a dealbreaker in my book!!!

roseyloxs
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I think the zoom and the summit are the same width actually. Are her or her husband taller/larger? I think the joovy is a great stroller for the price. The only complaint has been about the short seat. A baby would have much more room to grow in a BJ.

AnnieW625
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Honestly tell her to go and try a Bob Revolution before making a choice, and if possible a Mountain Buggy Terrain (if she knows she wants to jog), if not then a Mountain Buggy Swift.

I have no input on the other strollers as I have never used them, but after pushing a Bob Duallie (and I loved my single Dreamer Design jogger to pieces) I wish I would've at least tried the Bob first.

poohbear
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Honestly tell her to go and try a Bob Revolution before making a choice, and if possible a Mountain Buggy Terrain (if she knows she wants to jog), if not then a Mountain Buggy Swift.

I have no input on the other strollers as I have never used them, but after pushing a Bob Duallie (and I loved my single Dreamer Design jogger to pieces) I wish I would've at least tried the Bob first.

:yeahthat: I was just going to write "neither, get a BOB Revolution" when I saw Annie's post.
Especially with the sales right now. You can get one for about $325 and can resell it in a few years for about $250...

doodlesmama
01-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back on, but thanks for all the advice, I will pass it on! Her husband is average height- 6ft ish, it will be her only stroller and a single. I will let her know about trying out a BOB. Thanks!

poohbear
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back on, but thanks for all the advice, I will pass it on! Her husband is average height- 6ft ish, it will be her only stroller and a single. I will let her know about trying out a BOB. Thanks!

For an only stroller, I'd definitely go with a BOB... If she's not going to run, she can also look at the BOB 12 inch, BJCE or the Mountain Buggy Urban Single or Mountain Buggy Swift (smallest wheels, but air tires and lightest weight). All would be a bit more manageable than the larger strollers. But if she is going to run, I'd still recommend the BOB over the other two for an only stroller...