PDA

View Full Version : BJCMD not selling, take a loss or just keep?

Mrs.Christie
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
My BJCS is scheduled to be delivered today and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. In the meantime I've posted the BJCMD I order about a month ago on CL. When I ordered the BJCMD I didn't think the CS would be in my price range so I never considered it. Well low and behold the CS went down in price and now I'm stuck with a BJCMD that I can't return since its from Albeebaby.

I've gotten only one legit inquiry and the guy wanted me to sell it to him for $250. The stroller is brand new, unused. I'm willing to take a small loss, but not that much. I have a feeling it's not going to sell. Seattle people + CL = an extremely cheap bunch.

Should I just keep it as a spare, maybe at my mother's (whom we see at least once a week)? For $250 I might as well keep it myself, right?

If only the demand for BJCMD was as good as it is for Bob duallies, lol.

*******UPDATE***********

So I need some advice from vetran CL sellers. I had my new bjcmd listed at $350 (yeah I know it is high, but I figured people would make offers anyway) I received an email asking if I would take offers, I responded that the lowest I would accept is $320. She replied back that she wants to see it...and that she'll go up to $300. Hello, I said $320 was the lowest!

I get that it is only $20, but still. Should I just take it and be done or email her back stating that I'm firm on the $320?

The stroller has been paid for, so I don't need the money, but I'd like to get what I paid since it is new. I figure that if I wait until all the 2010's are gone I can get $320 for mine this spring. But I hate dealing with CL, such a pain.

What would you do?

And BTW, this is the best offer I've received by far. Everyone else has offered $200-$250.

jacksmoma
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
oh no. just depends how much you need that money back! i would just post it every few days and hold out for at least $320...i'm sure the right buyer will come around, sometimes it take a long time to sell something on CL!

golightly1118
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
If someone only offered me $250 for a brand new BJCMD, I'd keep it for myself out of spite, LoL. Seriously, keep it for a spare-that way you'll save yourself the hassle of having to lug a double over to your mother's house.

Melaine
01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Hold out, keep re-posting. Something else I have found sometimes works is throwing in "extras". Like, if it were me I would probably pull out one of my Skip Hop diaper bags and use that to sweeten the deal. Then you could even do a separate add posting "FREE Skip Hop with purchase of stroller".

ETA: It took me months to get my wanted price for my BJ double but I did finally get it. I was glad I held out. I took a bit over 6 months IIRC.

roseyloxs
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Its a bad season for Seattle's CL. That lady who has the other one posted for super cheap still hasn't responded to me even after 2 more emails.

I would keep it and just keep reposting. I haven't had any response on my indie twin either. I posted it at the end of the summer and had 4 replies in the first couple of days but decided I didn't want to sell. The only thing that might hurt you right now is Amazon has them for $360. Once the 2011s come out and the 10s are all gone the prices will go back up and you should be able to sell it for what you want this summer.

poohbear
01-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I would keep it and just keep reposting. I haven't had any response on my indie twin either. I posted it at the end of the summer and had 4 replies in the first couple of days but decided I didn't want to sell. The only thing that might hurt you right now is Amazon has them for $360. Once the 2011s come out and the 10s are all gone the prices will go back up and you should be able to sell it for what you want this summer.

:yeahthat: Not a good time to be selling BJCMs or BOB Revos. Wait until people can't find a new one on sale. Then they start trolling CL for them. Plus the price on the BJCMD is going up $30 I believe, so that will help you as well...

nmstrong
01-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Theybalso have them new right now at albeebaby for 320 shipped when u go through the link ifnu getntheir email, i just tried it and it worked. I prob would not take a loss unless it was 20$ or less. U can wait it out until summer and sell it then. Definitly get at least 300

RunnerDuck
01-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Wait until the weather is warm and people want to work off their winter blubber. It will sell then.

I tend to not even dignify low ball offers on CL with a response.

poohbear
01-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I tend to not even dignify low ball offers on CL with a response.

I decided next time I sell something on CL, and I get ridiculous lowball offers and they're emails like "I'll give you $100 and I'll pick it up tomorrow" (for something I listed at $350) I'm going to reply with "Sure, come meet me at 3:00 at ..." and insert the address of the nearest dumpster or prison... (I have a dummy email address for cl so I don't mind emailing back dummies)

roseyloxs
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Seattle people + CL = an extremely cheap bunch.

Ha. Just got an offer for my indie twin, $200 less then what I listed as firm because quote, "the 2010s have bigger canopies". Emailed her back that the price was firm and assured her the canopies are fantastic on the '09 as well. She emails back just minutes later that she found a 2010 for her low price, hardly used. :irked:What a B. Why did you even email me if you already found a 2010 underpriced? I wonder if she is lying because there are no other indie's on our CL right now. I just responded congrats and that she will love the stroller. What a smug little B.

arivecchi
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Ha. Just got an offer for my indie twin, $200 less then what I listed as firm because quote, "the 2010s have bigger canopies". Emailed her back that the price was firm and assured her the canopies are fantastic on the '09 as well. She emails back just minutes later that she found a 2010 for her low price, hardly used. :irked:What a B. Why did you even email me if you already found a 2010 underpriced? I wonder if she is lying because there are no other indie's on our CL right now. I just responded congrats and that she will love the stroller. What a smug little B.

A) I think she is full of "carp".

B) Sell that sucker in Chicago.

RunnerDuck
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
I was selling some diapers on CL once - premium prefolds, EXCELLENT (some unused) condition, I think I was asking $15 a dozen... a lady answers, I can get them for the same price on Ebay. Ok, fine, get them from ebay.

I recently listed 3 fuzzibuns one sized used a few weeks (the fit one of my girls but not the other) for $45 and 2 old L fuzzibuns w/ 4 hemp inserts for $15/all - I expected, like, will you take $40 for the one size, or $10 for the L... a lady is like "I can give you $45 for all of it. Hmmmm. No. I agreed to 50 though. Then she asked if I could meet her in a week. Ummmm... OK, if you swear you won't flake. Then she said she'd write me a check when we met. Um, HELL no.

purpelina
01-14-2011, 05:23 PM
CL is quirky sometimes... Also, I see messages from time to time: "Geez how can you people list it at such price when such and such site just has it for 30% off". Well, it's hard to keep up with all the sales, and discount sites that come and go. I'm more in the know now, because I'm on these boards a lot, but still.
Some people just go to a brick and mortar store, buy something for full price, and offer it at say 30 to 40% less. It seems fair to them.
Of course there are unreasonable sellers with prices through the roof. I can get better stuff brand new for less than they are asking for their used. At the same time, CL is a convenience: stuff is in my town (like 5 min. drive), and you can have it right now, for your trip tomorrow morning...

Anyway, I discovered mamabargains site when someone emailed with in rage that I dared to offer whatever item at a price they could get at MB. It was still cheaper from me because I didn't charge shipping :)
I emailed them and thanked them for all the wonderful future deals I will get off mamabargains - and sold the item in question same day to someone else :yay:

blondflava
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Selling strollers is tough sometimes, I kept relisting the Quest on CL (NY area so pretty busy) and had no interest for a week or two. Decided to list it on ebay, got one bid and sold and then am getting 3-4 SERIOUSLY interested people, ready to jump in the car and come get it. Timing sucks sometimes.
I say keep relisting, someone will get it, just a matter of time, but yes, it's very annoying.

roseyloxs
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks. I am not too worried. I am happy to keep it and bring it to Germany if I don't get what I want for it. Maybe it will be more useful over there then I think. Its hard to know what life will be like without even knowing which town we will end up settling in.

I think I am going to bring it with me down to OK for the month. It might be snowy and cold but I am going to want to escape our hotel room. Who knows maybe I will be able to sell it while I am down there. Stranger things have happened.

Actually when I went to the stroller strides class with my friend the girl who wanted to see it seemed very very interested in buying it. Unfortunately she isn't even pregnant with her second yet. She seemed like she wanted to buy it anyway though and didn't even bat an eye at my price. She has a single BOB now so I guess she is a fan of strollers.

Mrs.Christie
01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
So I need some advice from vetran CL sellers. I had my new bjcmd listed at $350 (yeah I know it is high, but I figured people would make offers anyway) I received an email asking if I would take offers, I responded that the lowest I would accept is $320. She replied back that she wants to see it...and that she'll go up to $300. Hello, I said $320 was the lowest!

I get that it is only $20, but still. Should I just take it and be done or email her back stating that I'm firm on the $320?

The stroller has been paid for, so I don't need the money, but I'd like to get what I paid since it is new. I figure that if I wait until all the 2010's are gone I can get $320 for mine this spring. But I hate dealing with CL, such a pain.

What would you do?

And BTW, this is the best offer I've received by far. Everyone else has offered $200-$250.

blackiris
01-20-2011, 04:04 AM
I'd take $300 only cause I HATE selling things. It's such a pain and I'd just want to be done with it. Yeah, you could probably get $320 in a few months, but is it worth the 20 bucks? My answer would be no, but I'm sure others would answer differently.

keeley146
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Tell her you will split the diff and go $310. See what she says to that since you did say $320 was your lowest. Hopefully she will be willing to work with you. I know it's only $10, but it's worth a shot! I know our seattle CL sucks so I feel for you! I'm getting lowball offers for my stroller I have listed too. Not fun. For what it's worth, I listed my BJCM single on CL and on ebay. Didn't get any bites on CL, but ended up with someone emailing me from Ebay that she would be in my area and would be able to pick it up rather than me having to ship it. I ended up closing my ebay listing and selling it to her for $160. Mine had the parent console, child tray and PE board. It was a 2009 in near perfect condtion.

You might try listing on ebay, especially since you have the box and it wouldn't be too hard for you to ship. If you pay like $1, you can set a reserve price so that you don't have to accept less than your minimum price. So you could set the reserve (starting) price at $320 and see if you get any bites.

nmstrong
01-20-2011, 01:43 PM
eBay has about 9 percent in fees and then paypal has about 4 percent so if you emd up selling on eBay plan on losing around 13 percent. Which on 320 would be more than 30 so might as well take the 300.
That said I would wait 2 weeks. If it is still not selling after 2 weeks it is probably priced too high and then would prob entertain offers around 300.

keeley146
01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
eBay has about 9 percent in fees and then paypal has about 4 percent so if you emd up selling on eBay plan on losing around 13 percent. Which on 320 would be more than 30 so might as well take the 300.
That said I would wait 2 weeks. If it is still not selling after 2 weeks it is probably priced too high and then would prob entertain offers around 300.

Good point. I lucked into not having to do the ebay fees since I closed my listing. But I did lose the paypal fees.

roseyloxs
01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Tell her you will split the diff and go $310. See what she says to that since you did say $320 was your lowest. Hopefully she will be willing to work with you. I know it's only $10, but it's worth a shot! I know our seattle CL sucks so I feel for you!

I like this suggestion. Before reading this I was leaning towards just taking the $300 and being done with it.