PDA

View Full Version : Will Target hold a clearance item for you?

PAfirsttimemom
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
A local store is showing availability on a clearance toy I want. If I call to make sure it is there, will they put it aside for me if I say I'm coming there within an hour or so? I hate to pile my kids in the car and make the trek, only to find the item really is out of stock.

Binkandabee
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Color me cynical...but if it's a really great deal...I'd be worried you'd be told no by the employee simply because the employee decided to keep it form him/her self rather than set it aside for you.

viba424
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I would say it depends what time it was you called. I think there was probably an initial frenzy where everything that was gonna go was taken. If you called post-frenzy, I bet you would have a better chance. Hopefully you could talk to someone directly in toys, or alternately someone in customer service and you could offer to pay over the phone and then they would know you are serious.

MamaInMarch
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I work for Target and as of the last thing I was told, we can not hold clearance merchandise. Now take that with a grain of salt, as I work in the pharmacy so sales floor policy fluctuates and we are only informed when we specifically ask.

WolfpackMom
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Last year when they had Britax on clearance I called and was told they do not hold clearance items.

inmypjs
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
My Targets will not hold clearance. I would not call. I posted in another thread about this, but I've done that a few times and have actually found the item I called about set aside at customer service to be purchased by an employee.

DebbieJ
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
My experience is that they do not hold clearance items.

PAfirsttimemom
01-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks, all.

icunurse
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd just call and try, you might get lucky. I called to verify an item was at a store the week after Christmas (toy item, already on clearance) and asked if they would hold it. They did. But it also was only at 25% off :)

iaam
01-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Last year when they had Britax on clearance I called and was told they do not hold clearance items.

I think I may have just gotten lucky, based on the experience of the others posting here. Last year, during the Britax clearance, I did have a store hold the car seat for me. I called to ask if they had it and then went over right away to purchase it. It's the only time I have done this though...

dukie41181
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM

:yeahthat:

Twin Mom
01-13-2011, 10:40 PM
They are not supposed to hold clearance items but IME it really depends on who you talk to. I was able to hold 2 Graco Nautilus car seats when they were on clearance a while back. Another time a store across town had a bunch of bubble blowers in the summer clearance that I was going to use as b-day party favors for DC and I wasn't going to drive all the way across town if they weren't going to hold them but the person said it was no problem.