PDA

View Full Version : For the sad days when your DC ride no more...

blondflava
01-13-2011, 09:11 PM
...Here it is - I know those wheels are not AT and seems the front ones don't swivel. But you can still get to push something during trips to the mall.

http://www.target.com/Whitmor-Deluxe-Shopping-Cart-Black/dp/B001DZ4QTC/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&id=Whitmor%20Deluxe%20Shopping%20Cart%20Black&node=14029641&searchSize=90&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-1&qid=1294967276&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,price,target_com_prim ary_color-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1
:ROTFLMAO:

Seriously, the day when my DD wants to only walk will be a very sad one, indeed...

npl
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
A granny cart!
But actually not so funny. A friend lived in an apt condo building with a long walk to the laundry room. She used one of those to get her laundry between her apartment and the laundry room. When I moved into an apartment building and also had a long walk (sometimes an elevator ride, too), I started off using a wheeled laundry hamper. When dc2 arrived, I bought a tandem stroller, and I would have dc1 walk and put the laundry in her seat (with the baby in the other), and she'd ride back to the apartment once we'd started the wash!

poohbear
01-13-2011, 09:33 PM
That's funny, except when I was living in the city (before I even thought about having kids), we had one of those. :rotflmao:

blondflava
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Shhh, I still have one hanging in the closet (they fold!), from when we used to live in the city and had to walk to the laundry (nothing beats having a washer/dryer at home LOL), they were very popular there, too. I barely see those in the suburbs anymore...
Hey, you could probably get a parent organizer on it, too :D

arivecchi
01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
That's funny, except when I was living in the city (before I even thought about having kids), we had one of those. :rotflmao:
:yeahthat::hysterical:

GvilleGirl
01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I think the day I'm pushing this will be much worse.

http://www.target.com/Rolling-Walker-Elite-Hugo-Adjustable/dp/B000NMOI3K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=list&keywords=walker&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-3&qid=1294972596&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Rolling%20Walker%20Elite%20Hugo%20Adjustable&node=165763011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=165763011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

lhafer
01-13-2011, 11:56 PM
I think the day I'm pushing this will be much worse.

http://www.target.com/Rolling-Walker-Elite-Hugo-Adjustable/dp/B000NMOI3K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=list&keywords=walker&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-3&qid=1294972596&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Rolling%20Walker%20Elite%20Hugo%20Adjustable&node=165763011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=165763011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

Ahhh, but it somes with a backrest, a saddle bag, and a padded seat!!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

RunnerDuck
01-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Oh we have one of those, we call it the old lady cart! We lived in walking distance of the grocery store in CA and we used it all the time. My mom bought it for me at a flea market (I was mortified, because the reason she bought it was because she wanted to buy enough crap at said flea market to fill it) - but it really came in handy.

GvilleGirl
01-14-2011, 12:40 AM

Well, like my strollers I had to get the deluxe version. No tennis balls for me!

salsah
01-14-2011, 01:02 AM

i know, i think it looks pretty good. i'm sure that i can attach a cup holder to it. it even has hand brakes, good size wheels, and i think that the front ones swivel. and look at how high off the ground the seat is . . . oh no, my stroller obsession is going to turn into a walker obsession.

salsah
01-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Seriously, the day when my DD wants to only walk will be a very sad one, indeed...

it is very sad. i miss my strollers. today i went to the mall without a stroller and discover that i didn't know how to carry my bags. i've been putting them in a stroller for so long that i forgot what it is like to carry shopping bags while walking thru the mall. i kept switching hands, hanging them on my arm, on my shoulder, on my other arm, my other shoulder -- i couldn't get comfortable.

Tondi G
01-14-2011, 01:31 AM
it is very sad. i miss my strollers. today i went to the mall without a stroller and discover that i didn't know how to carry my bags. i've been putting them in a stroller for so long that i forgot what it is like to carry shopping bags while walking thru the mall. i kept switching hands, hanging them on my arm, on my shoulder, on my other arm, my other shoulder -- i couldn't get comfortable.

You and me both. We took our first trip to Disneyland this week without a stroller and I was lost without my cup holder and my DH turned into the pack mule with a backpack full of jackets and the camera. He was the one who didn't want to bring the stroller and told my 5 year old he was too big for a stroller. He got lucky cause DS was full of energy and didn't ask to be carried cause I told DH it was his duty if DS got tired.

Though we don't use it often, I still can't part with my stroller just yet! :)

arivecchi
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
well, like my strollers i had to get the deluxe version. No tennis balls for me!:rotflmao:

Beth24
01-14-2011, 02:21 PM
...Here it is - I know those wheels are not AT and seems the front ones don't swivel. But you can still get to push something during trips to the mall.

http://www.target.com/Whitmor-Deluxe-Shopping-Cart-Black/dp/B001DZ4QTC/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&id=Whitmor%20Deluxe%20Shopping%20Cart%20Black&node=14029641&searchSize=90&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-1&qid=1294967276&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,price,target_com_prim ary_color-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1
:ROTFLMAO:

I see many people in our neighborhood using this for our Sunday am farmeers market!