PDA

View Full Version : The Unboxing of a BJCM

gadget-dad
01-14-2011, 01:35 AM
I celebrated the buying of my City Mini here.....now it is time to celebrate the unboxing of the City Mini. :yay:

http://gadget-dad.com/2011/01/unboxing-of-the-baby-jogger-city-mini/

The pictures are also on my new website. I just put it up tonight....any thoughts would be very appreciated, but for now it is mainly just some photos of the unboxing of the Albee Baby Grey and Black BJCM

In case anyone else has run into this......the shade was almost impossible for me to figure out. It was only a couple of minutes before inspiration struck, but I thought for a moment that it was just going to need to stay in the box.

purpelina
01-14-2011, 02:36 AM
great stroller, looks sharp! I love that color combo - and price is very nice.
Now we just want pics when baby comes!

goldenpig
01-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Looks nice!

PS That's a LOT of yellow gumballs!

TwoBees
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
I really like the color! Almost better than our crimson and grey. Is that a 2011 with the PE board and extra straps? How much was it in the end?

gadget-dad
01-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks all.

It was $189 total. That included shipping....I didn't pay for them to speed it up, and it only took 3 days once it was out of the warehouse. No PE board, but I can take care of that cheaply.

I do like the crimson and grey too, although, for some reason my wife didn't. That meant we were leaning toward the basic black, but I when I found that Albee Baby had the grey and black I was in.

artvandalay
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
oooh I like the black and grey! Nice.

toystorymama
01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
I love the gray & black.

poohbear
01-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I :heartbeat: this color combo. It is my FAVORITE. I have all black (they did not have the black/gray combo available when I got mine, though I got mine from diapers.com).

Yours may have upright straps - they were a rolling intro into 2011, so some 2010s have them...

Enjoy it. Yes, the canopy is hard to figure out. Make sure you snap it on in the back (on the frame) and velcro it. Otherwise it is not quite right ;)

FWIW - if you will be using this with your babe, you may want to move the harness straps down to the lowest slots, and get a snuzzler...

SuperstarNanna
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice! I just ordered the double of this stroller on Albeebaby last night because I found a coupon code that worked. We also got the black and grey and I think it looks super sharp. I hope you love your stroller!

poohbear
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice! I just ordered the double of this stroller on Albeebaby last night because I found a coupon code that worked. We also got the black and grey and I think it looks super sharp. I hope you love your stroller!

what coupon code works? :)

blondflava
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Awesome!! The color looks very nice together, better than on the website pics, IMO. I wish the wheels came all black, just like here:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_39_10751_-1_19191_96328_10001_14051

poohbear
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Awesome!! The color looks very nice together, better than on the website pics, IMO. I wish the wheels came all black, just like here:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_39_10751_-1_19191_96328_10001_14051

ooh, i like that color combo too! I don't mind my all black (with the black footmuff :ROTFLMAO:) I just wish maybe it had a wee bit of a splash of color... ;)

SuperstarNanna
01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Pooh, I googled and found one for 15% off, 15OFF. It only worked on the black/grey color combo, but it saved me $60 on the double. It might not be the very best deal to be had out there, but it was good enough for me to stop stressing and wasting time stalking for a better deal.

jacksmoma
01-14-2011, 01:59 PM
looks cool. same gray that's on the gray/orange. enjoy your new ride!

gadget-dad
01-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Yours may have upright straps - they were a rolling intro into 2011, so some 2010s have them...

Thanks PoohBear.

How can I figure out if it has "upright straps"? (Straps to make it sit more upright?)

Also, I didn't know that I could move the straps....just that I could put a little one in it...I guess that I hadn't thought that all the way. The straps did look pretty high for little one.

Thanks everyone...it really is nice a nice looking stroller.

jacksmoma
01-14-2011, 02:03 PM
you might like the bassinett baby jogger makes or the car seat adaptor- the seat is a bit big/overwhelming for a newborn, it's a better fit at around 3 months or so. at least get a snuzzler for support if nothing else :)

gadget-dad
01-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Pooh, I googled and found one for 15% off, 15OFF. It only worked on the black/grey color combo, but it saved me $60 on the double. It might not be the very best deal to be had out there, but it was good enough for me to stop stressing and wasting time stalking for a better deal.

Yeah....I kept trying to get that to work with the $189 price....but it was a no go since it was already on sale.

you might like the bassinett baby jogger makes or the car seat adaptor- the seat is a bit big/overwhelming for a newborn, it's a better fit at around 3 months or so. at least get a snuzzler for support if nothing else :)

I would really like the Bassinet, but it is just not in the pre-baby budget. So, we will be getting a snuzzler. Started shopping last weekend. :)

poohbear
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM

Good work - usually the codes exclude baby jogger (sometimes they have a glitch though! )

Thanks PoohBear.

How can I figure out if it has "upright straps"? (Straps to make it sit more upright?)

Also, I didn't know that I could move the straps....just that I could put a little one in it...I guess that I hadn't thought that all the way. The straps did look pretty high for little one.

Thanks everyone...it really is nice a nice looking stroller.

Upright straps - they would be two velcro straps on the back of the stroller - above the recline strap, below the canopy. They wrap around the frame from the front of the stroller. I posted a picture from a thread at car-seat.org in another thread - I'll see if I can find it...

You move the harness straps by unclipping them and just moving them up, or in your case, down to the lower slots. Super easy to do. Adjusting the length of the straps is a wee bit trickier...

gadget-dad
01-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Upright straps - they would be two velcro straps on the back of the stroller - above the recline strap, below the canopy. They wrap around the frame from the front of the stroller. I posted a picture from a thread at car-seat.org in another thread - I'll see if I can find it...

You move the harness straps by unclipping them and just moving them up, or in your case, down to the lower slots. Super easy to do. Adjusting the length of the straps is a wee bit trickier...

Thanks. I found them.....assuming that they button and velcro....I didn't think that I was going to get the second one buttoned but it went after a little tug of war with it.

I then moved onto adjusting the straps. Wow, that is a skill unto itself. That will take some practice. The right sides overage length is like 4ft and the left is is like 3 inches. I walked away.

blondflava
01-15-2011, 10:40 AM
I actually found adjusting the straps relatively easy after wrestling with the Quest before. I have 2011 but I think they were the same in the 2010? They're inteconnected at the back inside the backrest of the seat and if you pull the left strap out, the right one gets pulled in and gets shorter. I hope that's what you need?

poohbear
01-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks. I found them.....assuming that they button and velcro....I didn't think that I was going to get the second one buttoned but it went after a little tug of war with it.

I then moved onto adjusting the straps. Wow, that is a skill unto itself. That will take some practice. The right sides overage length is like 4ft and the left is is like 3 inches. I walked away.

um, upright straps don't button, they just velro... ;) I think you're thinking of the straps to secure the canopy(those have a snap and velcro)...
If the seat back is gray and you take a picture of the back and post it I can probably tell you whether or not you have the upright straps...

Yeah, the strap adjustment is a PITA. FWIW I'm not a fan of the BJ bassinet on the city mini. First of all it's about $250, which is ridiculous. Second of all, I think it looks silly. The babe should be fine in there with a snuzzler :)

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 04:12 PM
The new compact carrycot (http://www.pishposhbaby.com/baby-jogger-compact-pram.html) exclusively for the mini is $159 and is being released in Feb. Just found this while searching for options on the twin thread.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-14016457918231_2138_7959974