PDA

View Full Version : need toddler boots

lauren3110
01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I had a really cute pair of boots that I got last year that I was waiting for my dd to grow into. Now that she is that size, I can't get them on her!

Is it too late to find some boots, preferably with a side zip? I like the knock-off ugg type, but the ones at old navy have weird designs. I haven't seen them anywhere else. I'm looking for toddler size 5 or 5 1/2 - anyone seen any still out there under $30? I looked online and don't find much.

elbenn
01-14-2011, 09:49 AM
These are only available in size 6, so probably won't work for you, but they are a good buy and are an extra 25% off.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/TallLeatherRidingBoots~217362_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::SPB&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000451&origin=index

Snow mom
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Do they just need broken in? Also, I have to warn you that depending on how old/ cooperative your DD is boots may just not be in the cards. We have the pediped giselle boots for DD this winter. At first she refused to wear them and couldn't really figure out how to bend her foot correctly to get them on. Now she can put them on herself, but it's a function of them being broken in a bit as well as her wanting to wear them.

lorena
01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
my target had them on sale, I went there yesterday,.. I bought a pink cowgirl boot and a pair of black boots... they also have brown and some of the ones like old navy.. this year I didn't like the ones in old navy...
check marshalls...gymboree outlet... and sears..thats where I saw boots...but those were selling for ~24dlls

jvs195
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Do they just need broken in? Also, I have to warn you that depending on how old/ cooperative your DD is boots may just not be in the cards. We have the pediped giselle boots for DD this winter. At first she refused to wear them and couldn't really figure out how to bend her foot correctly to get them on. Now she can put them on herself, but it's a function of them being broken in a bit as well as her wanting to wear them.

Same here, DD is 28 months and I have yet to get boots on her for an extended period of time. If I can get her to put her fut in properly she just walks funny and seems unhappy. I don't force it.

Minnifer
01-14-2011, 10:19 AM
We've used the Target Ugg knock-offs this year and last and they've worked well. $17.99 and they come in a few colors. http://www.target.com/Toddler-Girls-Circo-Danalynn-Suede/dp/B003F0OBMU/ref=br_1_3?ie=UTF8&id=Toddler%20Girls%20Circo%20Danalynn%20Suede&node=13936351&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-3&qid=1295014668&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=reviewrank&frombrowse=1 .

AJP
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I second the target knockoff Uggs. We NEED zippers to get my dd's chubby feet into and these go on and off so easilly. They aren't the greatest quality, but they'll keep her feet warm. They grow so fast at this age, that she'll outgrow them before any quality issues should arise. I like that they are plain without designs...chestnut brown or pink.
http://www.target.com/Toddler-Girls-Circo-Danalynn-Suede/dp/B0037UWPIU/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&id=Toddler%20Girls%20Circo%20Danalynn%20Suede&node=690565011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-1&qid=1295015315&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cpattern_name-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=reviewrank&frombrowse=1

ang79
01-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I was going to say check Target, I think they had a lot of their boots on sale when I was in earlier this week.

My youngest is 26 mos. and she loves wearing boots, probably because she sees her older sister wearing them. We have cute rain boots (Jumping Beans brand from Kohls) that she absolutely adores and can put on by herself. I have a pair of Champion C9 snow boots that zip up the front (bought at a consignment store but I think Target carries the C9 brand) that she's been wearing now that we have snow.

A friend's daughter has a pair of the fake Ugg ones from Old Navy in purple and they are adorable on her!

Jenn850
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
I found some really cute leather boots at marshalls on clearence for 15! I know, the uggs are cute, but this way dd can be adorable and still go to college;) I will worn that it was lucky they had her size 7... they were pretty picked over.

lauren3110
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Her foot won't go in them at all! They are kind of waterproof fabric pull ons from gap last year and since the fabric doesn't stretch, I can't even get her foot in the shoe part of it!

The pink target boots are out of stock online in everything but 11's and the brown ones are out of stock in all the stores around me. I will go to a couple in the area and see if maybe there are some pink ones on the shelves.

ThreeofUs
01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Her foot won't go in them at all! They are kind of waterproof fabric pull ons from gap last year and since the fabric doesn't stretch, I can't even get her foot in the shoe part of it!

The pink target boots are out of stock online in everything but 11's and the brown ones are out of stock in all the stores around me. I will go to a couple in the area and see if maybe there are some pink ones on the shelves.

Try your local TJMaxx and Marshall's stores. They should be getting boots in stock about now.

Minnifer
01-14-2011, 12:18 PM
The pink target boots are out of stock online in everything but 11's and the brown ones are out of stock in all the stores around me. I will go to a couple in the area and see if maybe there are some pink ones on the shelves. You probably saw this, but the dark pink and the brown are both in stock online... we have the dark pink and they're very cute in person (and don't show as much dirt as quickly as the light pink).