PDA

View Full Version : Macys "gift" section 75% off plus

babybunny
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
My B&M Macys in Jersey City has a section by winter accessories that was a "gift" section for the holiday season. All these "gifts" are currently 75% off plus you can use the 15% off coupon in today's paper on top of that. There is quite a variety of gift items, stocking stuffers, gadgets, etc. Some ipod/ipad accessories, Kindle cases, iphone cases, glitter nail files, Lenox jewelry boxes, reading glasses (the quality is quite good on these!), IT brand chocolate bars, watches, lunch bags in hot pink that would be awesome as girl birthday goodie bags (I have a boy - boo!), collapsible water bottles (non BPA), chess sets, note pads, pencil sets, coasters, reading lamps that are USB powered, adult rubber rain boots, gift mittens that say HI on them (?) etc. I was looking for goodie bag items for DS, but nothing really caught my eye. In some cases, there were 20 or more of the same item. There were some kind of wind up toy things, but it clearly was marked 14 and up not a toy - watch for sparks...so I put them back. I am sure that DS would have LOVED them.
My biggest problem was trying to carry a number of small slippery items to the cash register without dropping it all.

The reader glasses were orig. $18 down to $3.82 and seem to be better quality optics than the Costco readers. This weel I arrived at work with no readers at all (DS threw out broken Costco readers and got me new Costco readers...but I left them home...). I had to run to Target to pay over $10 for a pair in an emergency or work blind...so I stocked up. I go through these like crazy. It would pay for me to keep som in the car.

Lots of fun looking at it all because you never know what you will find. Dangerous to my creidt card though!