PDA

View Full Version : $300 for 2009 Bee

KLD313
01-15-2011, 04:00 PM
is that a good price? There's one on my local CL so if it's still available I wanted to know if that's what they go for. Thanks.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 04:07 PM
That's what they are typically listed for here in Seattle but others have said that they see Bees for as low as $200 regularly.

KLD313
01-15-2011, 04:13 PM
OK, thanks for the info. I'm in the northeast, everything goes for more here. This is the cheapest I've ever seen one, usually they're at least $350 but usually more.

KLD313
01-15-2011, 06:08 PM
She just wrote back and sent tons of pics. IDK what to do now. What's the difference between the 2009 and the current model? The canopy is red which I'm not sure I like.

blondflava
01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
The seat is smaller (a little) on the 2009, canopy is different as well, it's much easier to turn the seat from back to front on the Bee +, I'll leave the rest to experts. If you have a child on the smaller side, old Bee (Bee minus LOL) will suffice, IMO (I actually really like the old Bee and don't care for the new look)

KLD313
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure how big she'll be she's only 4 mos old now but she's 80th percentile. :) I think she has a long torso and she's a little chunk right now.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 06:14 PM
The canopy is bigger on the '09.
The wheels look different but I think they are mostly the same.
The mechanism to reverse the seat is supposed to be easier on the Bee+ but most Bee- users seem to handle the reverse just fine.
The handlebar on the '09 has an infinite amount of positions while the plus has notches.
The seat of the plus is larger.
The '09 has wings but I hear they are easy to remove with a seam ripper allowing for a more spacious seat.
The '09 has a more standard harness adjustment. The plus has no harness adjustment, you just raise the seat to raise the harness.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I only saw a bee- briefly at a BBB.

KLD313
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm going to see it tomorrow so my next question is would you buy a used Bee or not? For $300 I'm assuming nothing else in that price range would compare. Or is it better to just get a Bee plus? Sorry so many questions I'm just unsure of what to do.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 08:55 PM
If its in great shape I don't see any reason to not buy it. You can always try and negotiate a lower price if thats what you are worried about.

KLD313
01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
If its in great shape I don't see any reason to not buy it. You can always try and negotiate a lower price if thats what you are worried about.

No, it's not the price it's just that I haven't really looked at strollers and basically liked the Bee for the look and because of what I've read on here. I'm just not sure if there is something better.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 10:55 PM
What do you want to use it for? Something better always depends on what its purpose is meant to be.

strollerqueen
01-15-2011, 11:00 PM
What do you want to use it for? Something better always depends on what its purpose is meant to be.
:yeahthat:

KLD313
01-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Well basically shopping, walks around the neighborhood, I'm sure in the future we'll go to the zoo, park and places like that. I live in the suburbs so I'm in and out of the car.

roseyloxs
01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I think you would be very happy with the Bee. At a $300 price point not sure you will find much else. The UB cruz is coming out this summer, probably going to be about $400. The M&P urbo is another competitor but thats $500. So at $300 I think you have found yourself a very nice deal.

KLD313
01-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks for all your help. It's not that I'm locked into the $300 because I did consider getting a Bee Plus but since it I happened to look on CL I figured it couldn't hurt to look into. Also, if I need another stroller down the road I can justify it. :)

I'm meeting with her tmrw afternoon so if I like it and it's in good shape I'll go for it.

roseyloxs
01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Found a video from magicbeans of the differences of the 2009 vs 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4N2iX_QeSA

KLD313
01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Great, thanks!

KLD313
01-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm back and I got it! I offered $250 and the husband didn't want to take it for that but the wife said to him that it was used and he can't expect to get what they want and she just wanted it out of the house cuz she had no use for it so she said OK. LOL I'm so excited. They even gave me the cup holder which I would have bought anyway. It looks brand new, there's barely any tire wear, she said she never used it and I believe her because she didn't even know how to fold it or anything. I think at $250 I got a really good deal.

roseyloxs
01-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Awesome. Barely used Bee for $250 sounds great. There are plenty of youtube videos out there showing you how to reverse the seat and fold the stroller (both forward and rear facing).

KLD313
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
They gave me the DVD so I just watched it and figured everything out, it's super simple. My boyfriend just looked at it and said it looks no different than the snap n go I have now...LOL! Then his friend said that for the money I should've bought an Eddie Bauer stroller because they're the best out there. LMAO!! I just smiled.

roseyloxs
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Whoever said ignorance is bliss never pushed a bugaboo. :rotflmao:

poohbear
01-17-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm back and I got it! I offered $250 and the husband didn't want to take it for that but the wife said to him that it was used and he can't expect to get what they want and she just wanted it out of the house cuz she had no use for it so she said OK. LOL I'm so excited. They even gave me the cup holder which I would have bought anyway. It looks brand new, there's barely any tire wear, she said she never used it and I believe her because she didn't even know how to fold it or anything. I think at $250 I got a really good deal.

I think it's awesome that you got such a great deal, but since there is also a CL thread going on at the same time, I thought I should also post a PSA post.. (and this is in no way intended towards you) - I am reading this post as you negotiated the price down at the meet up. As someone who has sold on CL, I always negotiate prices in advance of the actual meet up (and I confirm the price in an email prior to the meet up so the buyer knows there will be no negotiating at the meet up).

As a seller, I would imagine it can be particularly frustrating when people come to the meet up and try to negotiate then, because the seller is assuming the price has already been negotiated upon, and it can end up being a waste of both the seller and the buyer's time.
In your case it work
ed out, but in the thread that is running about "CL PSA" which is a bit different (someone did not bring correct change), it leaves the seller with a bad taste in their mouth...

At any rate, just wanted to post this as a PSA to all CL buyers and sellers in the future :)

Enjoy your Bee!

KLD313
01-17-2011, 12:37 AM
I actually never discussed price with her at all, we did everything via email and I told her I wanted to see it. I went to the bank ahead of time and had $300 plus $5 and $10 bills so I would be ready. I don't think they were offended at all, they were both actually really nice.

I agree it wouldn't have been right to not have the exact amount of money but discussing the price ahead of time never even occurred to me because I didn't know if I would like it or if it was in good condition.

KLD313
01-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Whoever said ignorance is bliss never pushed a bugaboo. :rotflmao:

Haha! I was spinning it around in the living room with one finger, it's awesome! I'm hoping the baby likes it as much as I do because when I tried her out in it tonight she was screaming. :(

arivecchi
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
IME, if someone does not discuss pricing with me before the meeting, I am expecting full price. Just a heads up because you might encounter a very upset CL seller at some point!

purpelina
01-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Ah peeps, I have a story that will top all of yours - someone showed up at a meet up (and I agreed to drive close to her) without ANY money. She was surprised I don't want to take a check. And extremely offended I asked her to go to a bank and get the cash. And she was not a crook, Rather an overwhelmed first time mom who also came with her mom. At the end she got the money but it was $40 short (to the question if we should count - i always do) she then eent to look for extra 40 but promptly came back, and said she really likes the stroller, but doesn't want to buy from me because of my "attitude".

Ok rant over...

liamsmom
01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Ah peeps, I have a story that will top all of yours - someone showed up at a meet up (and I agreed to drive close to her) without ANY money. She was surprised I don't want to take a check. And extremely offended I asked her to go to a bank and get the cash. And she was not a crook, Rather an overwhelmed first time mom who also came with her mom. At the end she got the money but it was $40 short (to the question if we should count - i always do) she then eent to look for extra 40 but promptly came back, and said she really likes the stroller, but doesn't want to buy from me because of my "attitude".

Ok rant over...

Wow. That's horrible. I can see how she *might* forget to grab cash, but drop the act about being offended about the check. Nobody wants a personal check from a total stranger.

satchnbucky
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
IME, if someone does not discuss pricing with me before the meeting, I am expecting full price. Just a heads up because you might encounter a very upset CL seller at some point!

ITA! I had a buyer show up once (to purchase a TV) and she asked me if I would take less for it. Truth is, I probably would have, had she asked beforehand or at least asked if the price was negotiable, but I was annoyed at that point that she had wasted my time, since even though I didn't know she was going to buy it, she also never asked if the price was negotiable and I thought it was rude (and she thought because she had driven 40 minutes that I should be willing to knock $ off the price - like the distance she travels matters to me). So I said no and she left. And I sold it the next day for full asking price.

In the case of the stroller, it worked out for both buyer and seller (though it sounds like the husband may have been annoyed), but I always go with the CL logic that negotiations at least start before hand. An exception might be for another item that you see after the fact. Like if you went to buy a stroller for the listed price and you see they have an accessory or another item. Then you might negotiate on that extra item you were not aware of...
Just my long winded 2 cents...

roseyloxs
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I am clearly in the minority here but I don't think its fair to expect someone to agree to the price of a big item like a stroller without getting a chance to check out the condition. I like to negotiate the price beforehand but I also expect someone to try and negotiate with me on location if they didn't do so in the emails. Also if someone asks to come "look" at the item then I am positive they are going to negotiate when they arrive. I am just always sure of my "lowest" price and I remain firm.

If I agree to meet someone at a public place then I make sure to confirm price since I don't want to waste my time if the deal isn't for sure.

Smillow
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I am clearly in the minority here but I don't think its fair to expect someone to agree to the price of a big item like a stroller without getting a chance to check out the condition. I like to negotiate the price beforehand but I also expect someone to try and negotiate with me on location if they didn't do so in the emails. Also if someone asks to come "look" at the item then I am positive they are going to negotiate when they arrive. I am just always sure of my "lowest" price and I remain firm.

If I agree to meet someone at a public place then I make sure to confirm price since I don't want to waste my time if the deal isn't for sure.

:yeahthat: Especially if there aren't pictures of the actual item in the ad. Like new to some people is ready to be retired for others! But I never go after anything that is more than I am willing to pay (given reasonable condition).

roseyloxs
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
:yeahthat: Especially if there aren't pictures of the actual item in the ad. Like new to some people is ready to be retired for others! But I never go after anything that is more than I am willing to pay (given reasonable condition).

Agreed. I always come ready to pay full price.

keeley146
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I always assumed negotiations on price were done before hand as well unless the item was misrepresented in the ad or the photos. I guess it's a bit more vague if you have a meeting just to look first, but I would assume a "just looking" is really a sale since most people won't waste their time driving somewhere to just look.

I also would assume if price wasn't discussed prior to meeting that my listed price was acceptable to the person and that is the price they are planning to pay.

I'm glad it worked out for you though! Sounds like you got a great deal on a great stroller!

KLD313
01-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I am clearly in the minority here but I don't think its fair to expect someone to agree to the price of a big item like a stroller without getting a chance to check out the condition. I like to negotiate the price beforehand but I also expect someone to try and negotiate with me on location if they didn't do so in the emails. Also if someone asks to come "look" at the item then I am positive they are going to negotiate when they arrive. I am just always sure of my "lowest" price and I remain firm..

That's exactly how I felt. She had no idea if I was going to buy it, I had no idea if I was going to buy it either. I think when something is over $100 you should be able to see it first and go from there. IDK if they husband was actually annoyed, I just looked toward him when I said would you take any less because he was doing all the demonstrating and he looked at the wife right away but she didn't hear me so that's why he answered with how much they paid for it new. They could have easily said no and I would've had no problem with that.

Whenever I sell something I either put firm in the ad or I price it higher knowing they will probably try to negotiate. I wonder if it's a geographical thing where ppl tend to negotiate more in different areas. I've never heard of anyone agreeing on a price sight unseen.

satchnbucky
01-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't know, I think the underlying assumption is that if the item is as described or as pictured (and I always post pictures or ask for pictures in advance, so it is not sight unseen. I think of it somewhat like ebay - you bid on something and then you get it based on the pictures and the description. I'm personally not a fan of people coming out to "look" Everytime I have posted something I have enough people interested that I don't need to have people come out to look, either you want it or you don't (unless it's been misrepresented, which my items are not) Not trying to sound rude, but I just don't have time to meet people who may or may not want to buy my items, when there are people who do for sure want to buy them). At any rate, I think it's as arivecchi said: in some cases it may be fine, but in some cases, you may end up with an annoyed seller. I don't think what you did was wrong, I just agree with PP's who said it may be better to ask in advance if price is negotiable before even going out to look...

And if you say you put firm in the ad, then you are saying that people will agree on a price sight unseen, aren't you?

KLD313
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't know, I think the underlying assumption is that if the item is as described or as pictured (and I always post pictures or ask for pictures in advance, so it is not sight unseen. I think of it somewhat like ebay - you bid on something and then you get it based on the pictures and the description. I'm personally not a fan of people coming out to "look" Everytime I have posted something I have enough people interested that I don't need to have people come out to look, either you want it or you don't (unless it's been misrepresented, which my items are not) Not trying to sound rude, but I just don't have time to meet people who may or may not want to buy my items, when there are people who do for sure want to buy them). At any rate, I think it's as arivecchi said: in some cases it may be fine, but in some cases, you may end up with an annoyed seller. I don't think what you did was wrong, I just agree with PP's who said it may be better to ask in advance if price is negotiable before even going out to look...

And if you say you put firm in the ad, then you are saying that people will agree on a price sight unseen, aren't you?

No, I don't think that listing firm holds you to anything because if it wasn't as represented they can walk away. I've just never not seen people negotiate, it's foreign to me.

As far as the looking part, I asked her if she would mind if I looked at it because I wasn't sure. I drove to them, met where she wanted, had cash like she wanted and I was local like she wanted. Honestly, I don't think she had a lot of other ppl interested because I never see these types of strollers posted in the state I live in, I see them on the New York City CL but that's farther than I want to travel.

roseyloxs
01-18-2011, 12:40 AM
If someone lists firm I would never try and negotiate on scene. However if they didn't specify or wrote best offer I would base it off what condition the stroller was in. I just think its important to be honest and it sounds to me like the OP was. She wrote she was unsure and wanted to see it and the seller was clearly more then willing since she didn't have much interest from anyone else.

CL in Chicago, LA, NYC or Boston is a different beast then it is in Seattle and other smaller cities. We don't have the same interest in products so sometimes you are willing to let someone come out and "look" without the promise of selling.

KLD313
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
If someone lists firm I would never try and negotiate on scene. However if they didn't specify or wrote best offer I would base it off what condition the stroller was in. I just think its important to be honest and it sounds to me like the OP was. She wrote she was unsure and wanted to see it and the seller was clearly more then willing since she didn't have much interest from anyone else.

CL in Chicago, LA, NYC or Boston is a different beast then it is in Seattle and other smaller cities. We don't have the same interest in products so sometimes you are willing to let someone come out and "look" without the promise of selling.

Thank you. This thread got so O/T and I'm left wondering why I'm even defending myself over something so petty. We all have different ways of doing things and different opinions.