PDA

View Full Version : would i be crazy to keep bjcs only as a single??

jacksmoma
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
so i really really like the select as a SINGLE, too long/weird imo as a double! my son (3 yr 3m) really likes to ride in the front of the stroller w/ his bottom in the basket and legs dangling between the front wheels. Is it crazy to use it this way as a double? he walks mostly when we go places but i did this set up yesterday on my trial run to target- he was happy and it still pushed pretty well (much better than with two seats on...) Am i crazy? I just am in love with the HUGE basket and the way i can get them both riding on there with one seat...two seats is overkill on most trips for us but sometimes he wants to sit. IT handles pretty decent outside too on sidewalks. what do you all think? I'm thinking he'll just get bigger and walk more as the months pass by...

arivecchi
01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Honestly, I do think that is weird! I would either use the second seat or go back to the Duallie. If you want to go really crazy, you could try the Swift with the Hitch Hiker. He can ride on the board or sit on it with his feet in the basket if he gets tired. Just a thought.

jacksmoma
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
would do the swift thing but i can't stand boards. they really bug me! i think i might just go for it, think it fits our needs best and our budget! i really rec the bjcs to anyone who want a cool reversible stroller! really surprised how much i like it as a single, like a bjcm but cooler!

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 11:00 PM
So do you like the bjcs better then the bee? I like the bee but I can't decide if I love it yet. I do wonder if I would be happier with a more substantial reversible.

arivecchi
01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
So do you like the bjcs better then the bee? I like the bee but I can't decide if I love it yet. I do wonder if I would be happier with a more substantial reversible.
You should get a Slider! It was so fun!

wendibird22
01-15-2011, 11:14 PM
I mostly use my BJCS as a single because I typically only have one kid with me and I do really love the push and fold. Since DD1 is 3.5yo we pretty much only use it as a double when we either need her strapped (crowded street fair) or it's a long walk (the zoo).

That said, if I were just in the market for a single or knew my older would never ride in it, I'd get something much lighter.

roseyloxs
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
You should get a Slider! It was so fun!

There is actually a slider on our CL right now for $200 in a pretty red but I am afraid its way too wide. At 26" it will feel almost as wide as my indie twin. I'll be wondering where my second seat is.