PDA

View Full Version : tell me about the electric street parade at MK

WatchingThemGrow
01-15-2011, 11:21 PM
I haven't seen it in 20 years. We saw the Celebrate something parade at MK last year and we've planned to go 3/1-2nd this year. I've got ADR at Crystal Palace for lunch one day and an early breakfast the following day at Chef Mickey's.

Now I learn that we've once again planned to be there when there was no electric street parade. The not so scary Halloween bumped it last time, and this time will be just before Spring Break, so they start running it nightly the week after our visit.

If we stay for one of the parade nights (we were planning on just staying for one) we lose Chef Mickey's. What's more fun for the 4,3,1yo crowd - Chef Mickey's or the street parade?

We *could* stay 2 nights, but we're passing through on our way to see grandparents, and we really need to be at a spendy monorail resort because of needing a double stroller and a single stroller. We did not enjoy buses, 3 babies and 2 strollers.

TwinFoxes
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Tough call. My DDs are really into characters, so I would probably choose Chef Mickey's. But they really enjoyed the MSEP. I love the parade, it was my mom's favorite so I'm totally sentimental about it.

Can you try to get a breakfast at Chef Mickey's the day you leave? That's what we did, made leaving not so hard.