PDA

View Full Version : travel system stroller?

katybuggy
01-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Good evening!

We are taking our 13 month old son to MK and Universal next week while we visit family and the only stroller we have is our travel system stroller. We planned to gate-check it with Southwest so we have use of it all week while we're on vacation. Is it crazy to take this big, heavy stroller to the parks? I love that it reclines, has cupholders, a big sunshade, and a huge storage basket underneath. We can buy a cheapo umbrella stroller if need be.

crl
01-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Well, I took an umbrella and thought it was perfect for airline travel and the WDW transportation system, as well as having a small footprint for storing in our hotel room. But I saw much bigger strollers there. I guess maybe it depends a bit on whether you will have a rental car?

Catherine

DebbieJ
01-16-2011, 10:41 AM
You can rent a stroller in Orlando. That's what lots of people who go to WDW do. I would not go the cheapy umbrella stroller route. Your DS will need to sleep while you're touring.

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
We took our Metrolite with us. Granted, it's pretty lightweight compared to a lot of travel system strollers though. I loved having all the extras and comfort. Ds2 spent so much time in the stroller at some points so comfort was good. Cup holders, basket, sunshade- excellent. I'd have hated my Volo there, I think. If you are ok traveling with it, knowing it may be awkward, go for it.

Beth

crl
01-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I should probably add that my umbrella has full recline and leg rests as well as being pretty padded (Cybex Onyx) so dd, 7 months old at the time, was able to nap just fine in it. And I used my Skip Hop saddle bags for storage so I didn't miss a big basket. I did wish for a better canopy, but the trade off was the small fold for the bus system and the airport, as well as the smaller footprint in our hotel room.

Catherine

RunnerDuck
01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
We have flown with our quattro and never had a problem. I would much rather have my quattro than an umbrella type for an all day outing - more room to stick stuff. It will take up more room in the hotel but you can work around that.

salsah
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
i would not get a cheapo umbrella. you would regret that decisions o fast. there is no reason not to travel with the heavier stroller. you want something comfortable for you and your lo during your trip. if you and your lo love your current stroller, take it with you. if not, we are all enablers here and would love to recommend another stroller for you. :D

Neelloc
01-17-2011, 11:16 PM
A friend of mine just got back, and what she did was take her cheapie $10 umbrella for the plane/airport, and when they got to their hotel, they had their wonderful rental stroller waiting for them! That's what they used for the parks.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Single-Stroller-Stone/dp/B003WIYNZA/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1295320560&sr=1-1

The stroller they rented was a baby Jogger City Mini, which has all the features you are looking for, minus the cupholder. You might be able to pick up something like this at your local BRU to use with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295320501&sr=8-1

Let me know if you'd like the name of the rental company she used. I can ask her for it.

clc053103
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Where are you staying? that sort of stroller is a terror on buses- hard to fold quickly (especially since that large basket just begs to be filled with stuff!) and you basically hog the entire aisle with it- and will spend every stop saying "sorry" to anyone who has to climb over it.